Hello everybody.I am happy with my N900.I bought it 5 months ago.I did not use it with a screen protector.So it has a lot of scratch.But it didnt bother me.But one week ago i applied LCD Screen Cleaning Kit's blue syprey.Then i clean screen with fiber cloth.After 2-3 days, i was surfing internet with N900 (2 hours), end of 2 hours suddenly i saw a shiny area.The area one line avarage 1 cm.It looks like oily.I want to wipe with fiber cloth (dry and water.) It doesnt dissappear...Yesterday i saw new shiny area.The are 2 points.

These scratches was before but they wasnt shiny (like oily.) I dont see them with black or dark backgrounds.But if i open applications which white background has (like Scketch, MicroB web browser) i can see them easily.

What can i do?I dont understand this point, these scratches was before but they wasnt shiny.Thanks for your answers

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Polishing resistive screens isn't a good idea.

The only thing you can do is to replace the screen or apply a screen protector, this will make it much less noticable.

Clarivue make some good screen protectors.

I think the best thing to prevent further damage is to use a good case to protect the screen in your pockets. Screen protectors reduce the accuracy of resistive screens, but its pretty durable and shouldnt scratch if you use a case

Thans your answer.I dont understand why these scratches seems like oily.These scratches was before i know but they wasnt oily.

Edit:I didnt use screen protector and case.I carry in my jean's pocket.I will buy a case.But i have to solve this oily scrathes.

Last edited by Izmır; 2010-10-10 at 21:51.

Came across this http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/08/b...polish-review/ maybe it could help.