Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
NFC would be an interesting addition for availability, bluetooth, etc. NFC would only be activated for a short time compared to the continuous WIFI or cell IDs, but the way v1.6 works with multiple rules in parallel could make short-lived rules (assuming 'restore to previous' is disabled) workable.
The tricky bit might be matching NFC tag NDEF code but I suppose it's not miles away from how the cell ID works...
Food for thought anyway...
Yes, my original concern was if I had to do it so that NFC tag would toggle the rule to be active or non-active. But if what you've outlined above would be enough, that would make implementation more straight-forward.

It would be good to know what kind of things people would like to use NFC condition for to know what kind of implementation is needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Thanks,

I think I know why this happens:

- 23:00 - 08:00 Availability is offline, previous online, restore used
- at 08:00 power saving mode is turned off, but WLAN is not connected yet. However, previous availability (online) is restored as told to by the Night rule
- some seconds after that WLAN is connected and "Jabber" rule is activated. It has restore availability, but unlike when coming from work the current availability is now online.
- You go out, WLAN disconnects, previous availability is restored which is unfortunately online. So no changes seen.

I'm not sure if my explanation was too clear, but your problem most likely goes away if you take "restore previous availability" away from the "Night" rule. Just set the availability to offline there, without "restore previous".
Just an update to this. Everything worked as you explained. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Here's what's new in this beta compared to 1.5.0:

- Multiple rules activated
- Acttive rules are shown in the UI (blue bar on rules that are active)
- Stand-by screen action (contributed by Ferdinand Mayet)
- Background connections action
- Custom action has a "Test" button to run the command
- Location by cell id has a timeout setting
Here's the third beta version of 1.6.0:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta3_armel.deb

New in this compared to last beta version:
- Idle condition
- Command-line to execute when rule is no longer active

The idle condition was requested by user and I found it useful also. For example as the time I go to sleep varies, I have set up a rule that activates power saving mode when time is 21:00 - 06:00 and the device has been idle for an hour. That way power saving mode is not activated unless I'm really not using my phone.

This beta has all the functionality I'm intending for 1.6.0, so it's most likely the last beta version. I'll now do the boring polishing work before submitting to Nokia store (barring any bugs found during next week in testing).

EDITED: mixed up why idle was requested, corrected now.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-04-15 at 09:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Idle condition is an excellent idea!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Here's the third beta version of 1.6.0:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta3_armel.deb

New in this compared to last beta version:
- Idle condition
- Command-line to execute when rule is no longer active

The idle condition was requested by user and I found it useful also. For example as the time I go to sleep varies, I have set up a rule that activates power saving mode when time is 21:00 - 06:00 and the device has been idle for an hour. That way power saving mode is not activated unless I'm really not using my phone.
Idle condition sounds really good. I would love to set my availability to away when I am not using N9. Hopefully it wont increase batter usage (for example looking idle time in somekind of loop or something).

Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
Idle condition sounds really good. I would love to set my availability to away when I am not using N9. Hopefully it wont increase batter usage (for example looking idle time in somekind of loop or something).
It should have next to no effect on battery life. All conditions, including the idle, in ProfileMatic are event based.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I tried the 1.6.0 deb file, but each time I tried to select a profile (ringing, beep, silent), there was no option available. Works ok on 1.5.0. I'm sure I am doing something wrong?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
I tried the 1.6.0 deb file, but each time I tried to select a profile (ringing, beep, silent), there was no option available. Works ok on 1.5.0. I'm sure I am doing something wrong?
You're right and a restart doesn't help....
Never checked this with beta2 so it could be a carry-over

ajalkane - quick question.
Which mod do you make use of in turning off/making black the standby screen?

After I played with it in the program a while back the system default seems to have been turned off and I only got it back by making the default rule with the screen on. Not a huge deal but when restarting it's not there until ProfileMatic gets going - just a small irritant I'd like to sort out sometime

Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
Thanks, right you are, bug indeed. Here's a fixed version:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta4_armel.deb