Active Topics

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Does it work on Jolla?
Can you sign in with google account?

Thanks
Yes and yes. It was hard to find a working calendar app but finally found CalenGoo.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Or you can try Sunrise Calendar. Tried it, but it doesn't sync to Exchange yet so I'll stick to the native calender app for now. But it looked very good and it's very featureful.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
I am thinking about getting a Jolla - which would be mostly used as business phone (so no facebook, whatsap or other gibberish)

But I still have some unanswered questions, where you can maybe help me out:

1.Is it possible to sync Calenders/Contacts via Caldav or similar - using owncloud and thunderbird?
2. Is it possible to load whole countrys as maps on the phone (for just browsing the area and for navigation)?? I mean without having to connect to a server etc? Even my old 5800 xpess music had that possibility - and I still don't get why so few phones can do that.
3.when ordering the Jolla - can you only choose the white other half as I would prefer black?
4.Android compability - i would try for Apps for ERP and CRM Systems - how well are android apps working? Most of them? or only a few.
5.Sailfish app store - is it possible to have a look what is available via browser??

Any hint would be great.

1.Is it possible to sync Calenders/Contacts via Caldav or similar - using owncloud and thunderbird?
Should work fine with Update 8 or Update 9 (beta)

2. Is it possible to load whole countrys as maps on the phone (for just browsing the area and for navigation)?? I mean without having to connect to a server etc? Even my old 5800 xpess music had that possibility - and I still don't get why so few phones can do that.
This is not possible with the native maps apps (needs permission from Nokia I guess). The Nokia Here Beta for Android works fine on Jolla and has offline navigation. However you need to create an account to download the map data.

3.when ordering the Jolla - can you only choose the white other half as I would prefer black?
Yeah seems like they did not change that. You need to pay extra for the black TOH.

4.Android compability - i would try for Apps for ERP and CRM Systems - how well are android apps working? Most of them? or only a few.
Most of the times the Android apps work great. However I never tested an ERP or CRM app though. If there is a free app that I could test just point me to it.

5.Sailfish app store - is it possible to have a look what is available via browser??
Nope thats not possible.
The alternative openrepos repo is viewable online however.
openrepos.net

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Is there something to do when the Android apps lose internet connection or is a reboot the only thing that will solve the problem?

Originally Posted by sillycrimes View Post
Is there something to do when the Android apps lose internet connection or is a reboot the only thing that will solve the problem?
try Schturman's android restart 'app' (or 'alien dalvik restart'? not sure) from open repos, in theory restarts the whole acl, so could help (definitely quicker than rebooting)

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
For me it helps to just refresh the app (if there's a refresh button or swipe down to refresh the content of the app) or just close the app and launch it again. I never ever had to reboot the phone to get internet connection back in an Android app.

thanks for your help llectronics.

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
This is not possible with the native maps apps (needs permission from Nokia I guess). The Nokia Here Beta for Android works fine on Jolla and has offline navigation. However you need to create an account to download the map data.
Ok - Is there also the possibility to use openstreetmap for downloading maps for offline use (+ maybe for navigation)? This would be my no.1 solution (but otheres are fine to)

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Most of the times the Android apps work great. However I never tested an ERP or CRM app though. If there is a free app that I could test just point me to it.
ERP would be here:
http://freecode.com/projects/tryton-android - or in the play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.client&hl=en

The CRM I would probably use I only found in the play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sugarcrm.nomad

Thanks again

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What you can do when IP connection gets stuck (as it still sometimes does, only rarer now in Uitukka)

Just restart networking with "systemctl restart connman.service"

Ok - Is there also the possibility to use openstreetmap for downloading maps for offline use (+ maybe for navigation)? This would be my no.1 solution (but otheres are fine to)
osmAnd should be your answer. It is an android application but works fine and has offline navigation aswell.

ERP would be here:
http://freecode.com/projects/tryton-android - or in the play store
Downloaded and installed fine. Also running is no problem though I did not test it connecting with a server as I don't have one.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience