Active Topics

Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Did you purchase the device directly from Nokia or from a local distributor? I never did any business with Nokia. Always the local distributor and they also do any repairs etc(and they tend to be a week at most).

As for 2 months... last I checked they are supposed to provide a replacement device after 45 days by law. If they don't you're supposed to take initiative.
By Law? What law is that which covers in the entire world?
Is it crimnal law or Cvil law? Just intrested as A nokia Phone we put in repair took ages to be returned and got lost in the system for a while and would be happy to have knowledge of this law so can quote to Nokia next time

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
My next phone (in an ideal world) would be an N900 but with an x86 cpu instead, that would be me happy forever!!!!

My next phone has to have better hardware (with the important qwerty+touch) and a more open OS (so Meego is the only option there).

Ideally I'd like something like an updated N900 - a better CPU (Maybe Marvell Armada ) and more RAM would be the most important things.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by andygee View Post
By Law? What law is that which covers in the entire world?
Is it crimnal law or Cvil law? Just intrested as A nokia Phone we put in repair took ages to be returned and got lost in the system for a while and would be happy to have knowledge of this law so can quote to Nokia next time
UK consumer law, and of course it's a civil matter (unless the goods were stolen or something).

Anyway, the sales of goods act 1979, and the 1994 amendments state that 'repairs must be carried out within a "reasonable" time'.

It doesn't actually state an exact time scale to my knowledge.

That ... would depend. I'm quite clear on what I do NOT wish - lockin and capacitive screens. The latter I fear I will have to learn to live with, impractical as it is.

So what DO I want? The N900, basically, with a proper, business-class PIM suite, and a larger, higher density screen. Android and iOS are out - they are locked in (yes, Android IS locked in to a bloody VM) and neither sport an appropriate VPN solution without jailbreak.

Hoping for a MeeGo that doesn't appear quite as user unfriendly as the standard screenshots indicate, and an N9 that uses Nokia's customary build excellence.

Then, of course, there's the standard stuff: GSM tri-band, 3G (unless 4G is widespread and cheap), Wifi, SDXC, HDMI, updated processor with enough memory, and so forth. Oh, and a min. of 48 hours stand-by time on the battery.

Kitchen sink optional.

I would buy a device that actually made my mobile useful and fun. ow wait I bought it already the n900. Lol. The only thing that concerns me is when the speed is no longer sufficient.

Can some one confirm the next nokia mobile computer will have the same capability of the n900 or by going meego are we going to lose the hole linux desktop application compatibility?

I here there are dual core arm processors now I wont one of them in my n900.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
anyone going for sony ericssons ps mobile next year?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by PipoXtreme View Post
My one is now a Dell Streak ! and the n900 is for testing and game a little bit with it ;-P
Can I ask what your Dell Streak is like? Is it a good one to get?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
My next phone is likely to be the iPhone 5. I'm skipping the iPhone 4 to save up for it

FIPS 140-2 compliant Meego device!!!!