Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
a good, clearly structured and complete initial post would certainly help (much more then 600+ posts mostly of flaming )
What the hell, man? Six seven posts in a row? Please, at least merge them somehow!

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
I realize that this thread has grown too large/bloated to serve its primary purpose to inform the interested reader about details of Neo900. This in turn causes redundant questions being asked which makes the problem worse (you could say the thread reached its specific criticality, it exceeded the mass needed to form a singularity known as black hole) , while lots of OT posts also do their share to bloat the thread and cause even Nikolaus to refuse to follow this thread.
I'm pondering how to handle this situation - maybe I can come up with some solution when the tmo moderators will help me to copy relevant posts to a new thread which is closed or moderated hard from beginning. This way we could probably cut down the volume of text to read to maybe 10% and - by hard moderation - keep the other thread 'clean' while this thread here is definitely doomed to receive more OT or 'lazy' posts even from honoured members like rzr.
Don't hold your breath for such reorganization to happen soon, it's a lot of work.

best regards
jOERG
structure & update your initial post & most of the "bloat" (redundant questions) is gone
your are blaming the symptom, not the cause my friend.

misterc,

you seem to have a very strong opnion but my undestanding is joerg is _THE_ person organising this project, and as he stated eary in this thread it will not be a "democratic" process

you are free to post suggestions and he is free to decline them
please respect his decisions as they are his to make

thank you, chainsawbike

Originally Posted by foobar View Post
[...]

Somewhat on topic: The N900's GPS can be annoyingly slow getting a fix, even with A-GPS. Does anyone have any experience with the suggested replacement?
did you replace supl.nokia.com with supl.google.com in Settings => Connectivity => Location?

Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
What the hell, man? Six seven posts in a row? Please, at least merge them somehow!
did you actually read any of them or just counted them?
i'll add yet another one (sorry, stopped counting...)

[...][list]
  • semantics, 1st...
    see where i'm getting with this?
    • yes, Sebastian used a list in his post but... you blame me for snipping out quotes & seeing just what i want; maybe Sebastian could have "updated" his?
      [...]
nothing personal...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
came across this thread yesterday and the only thing i have been able to figure out about MeR & Co... is that it is not for end-users
This doesn't address the point you're supposedly addressing, at all...

many of the ppl @ Jolla actually developed Fremantle; possibly even "created" it... give them a (2nd) chance, maybe?
Ditto, but to humour you, I'm not saying it won't be substantively open, I hope it will be, but we simply don't know yet.
They've made many statements of intent on "roughly" how open they'd like it to be, but statements of intent are just that, statements of intent.

wild guess?
nope
Google [libhybris jolla]...
o, no, sorry, you don't use Google, do you?
No you're wrong (surprise, surprise), android app compatibility layer != dvr layer, not even close.
There's been some speculation that libhybris may be used to some extent for a dalvik emulation layer, but so far it's no more than that.
You are confusing hw compatibility layers with dalvik emulation layers...
Again, libhybris was originally intended for glibc <-> bionic-c translation for binary blobs & similar level sw, nothing more & nothing less.

And what is wrong with you man, why must you "scatter gun" threads like this all the time.
If you really must redundantly address every single post, at least merge them all into one post, basic etiquette.
Anyway all this is completely off-topic, so any further responses just PM me...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-01 at 04:57.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
nothing personal...
Well, there's nothing to update there, as there's no such list for Neo900 made yet. And I've stated very clearly that this list was about GTA04, which is very similar, and that it is meant to just give some basic insight into how things may look like, as in "better something than nothing".

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
thread makes me think of ppl who proudly tell that they use some old Pentium® based box as a firewall for their home LAN... with 512MB memory, 10MB SCSI disk (and no display ) ¦-))))))
512MB is hugely overpowered for a home LAN firewall.
Heck, it is hugely overpowered for a Pentium® based box to start with.

(Replied here so as not to increase the noise level in the other thread even more.)