Notices

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Left one....

Left one. The update text on the right one gets really tiny when there is more than four applications open.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Right one...

Personally I don't need the station information.

The Following User Says Thank You to rannari For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Left one for me

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Hi
I've tried to find compromise for 'Last update' and 'Source Logo'

Please select variant 'Left' or 'Right' from screenshot.

Vlad.
Right one for me!

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Right one for me.
On the left one, the logo in the middle of the two buttons may be mistaken for a button by itself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
For me I like neither left nor right. I think having the source logo makes reading the actions more difficult and is adding a lot of cluttering on the bottom of the cover.

I am also not very interesting in last update because if I wonder about the refreshness of the information, I just do the action to refresh and I'm sure.

However IMHO, if the refresh date is to be added, it shouldn't be too close to the actions icons. Do not put too much information on the cover. The whole point of it is to have the core information and if we need deeper information then we can open the app.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tigre-bleu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by tigre-bleu View Post
Do not put too much information on the cover. The whole point of it is to have the core information and if we need deeper information then we can open the app.
I tend to agree with this, I think the cover should be kept as a basic summary. When covers become smaller (3x3 grid) all this extra information won't be readable anyway. Clean and good use of whitespace is my preference .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I tend to agree with this, I think the cover should be kept as a basic summary. When covers become smaller (3x3 grid) all this extra information won't be readable anyway. Clean and good use of whitespace is my preference .
I like 'whitespace' design too . But some people need more information on Cover Page. I choose left design and I will add the next options to Settings Page: 'Show logo on CoverPage" and "Show wind on CoverPage"

Vlad.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I tend to agree with this, I think the cover should be kept as a basic summary.
That's a good point, so actually when showing the last update time, does the cover need to show the string "Last update:" or would be it enough to have the time, maybe just enclosed in a pair of brackets?

Or perhaps the update time could be shown *only* if it's older than e.g. 1 day. Then even just by glancing the cover the user has the visual feedback that the info may be obsolete.
And same information could be carried if only the provider logo is shown on cover without update time by e.g. printing it in reverse.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post: