Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by sts1976 View Post
An alternative to the Crap stock player would be great. I can't wait. Will this resolve the choppiness of the play back ?
Yes. Already tested and I can confirm that it works nicely. The only problem I've noticed is that there is no sound when the device is in silent profile.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Yes. Already tested and I can confirm that it works nicely. The only problem I've noticed is that there is no sound when the device is in silent profile.
That's more than manageable and acceptable given the current issues with stock player IMO

Cheers

Last edited by sts1976; 2012-10-30 at 18:22.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Marxian, like I told u before, don't worry about the PR1.3 fw
It wont brick your n950

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Edit: If you require there is a slightly updated mplayer available too in the interwebs but it isn't really much of an improvement...
Are you talking about mplayer2? I think it is more outdated than version of mplayer in garage

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Slightly off-topic: I've added support for KMPlayer to the next cuteTube update, so at least you won't have to put up with the suckfest that is the stock player.
Sweet!

Marxian, could you also add support for KMPlayer to Open Video Player?

Thanks for Open Video Player, quite nice video player

One feature I would love to see is that you can select the path where it should look for videos, like the /home/user/MyDocs/Movies folder. Right now I have a bunch of video files elsewhere that belong to games (thanks to ScummVM) and I don't really want to see them in the video player. Not to mention that the video player can't play those AVI files anyway cause they use the "Microsoft Video 1" codec.

Last edited by Freddo; 2012-11-09 at 23:27.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Freddo,

Tracker is responsible for it so instead of fixing defined patch why not just those videos of yours into tracker's ignored list; the easiest way would be to use N9QTweak to do so but you can manually do so too...

Alternatively, you can add a dot in front of those directory's names to prevent tracker from indexing it...

I found that the video played using Open Video Player is generally not as smooth as Native player and KMplayer. The lines are not as smooth, it seemed jagged.

cuteTube update received this morning. Video playback now works flawlessly for me. Makes using cuteTube more enjoyable... many thanks again for a great application.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to sts1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Freddo,

Tracker is responsible for it so instead of fixing defined patch why not just those videos of yours into tracker's ignored list; the easiest way would be to use N9QTweak to do so but you can manually do so too...

Alternatively, you can add a dot in front of those directory's names to prevent tracker from indexing it...
Thanks for the info

Tags
more features, video player