Being the dummy that i am, I accidentally deleted a folder that held all my podcasts via the 'file manager'. Is there anyway for me to undelete to get this folder back?

I have a nokia n800 with os2008.

I forgot to mention, the actual deletion was on 8 gb SD card(the internal one).

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Hmmm if you've got a backup of your files saved to your MMC card then you can restore that.

Otherwise, no, sorry :/

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Seattle
theres always a minor chance you have them in the .trash file
but if you did it from within the file manager, im pretty sure it dev nulls the file

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The SD card is formatted with VFAT so theoretically it should be possible to retrieve deleted data with some DOS/Windows undelete tool. Since the memory card controller also does wear-levelling, chances might be pretty good to have the data still on the card physically.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
The first thing in a situation like this is to not write any new data to the partition on which you have lost data. Only mount your SD card read-only from now on.

Second, let me explain your situation in more detail. There are many programs which can recover this data. The data isn't truelly gone, its unlinked. Only once it is overwritten, the situation becomes much more complex. Therefore I recommend you to mount the device read-only.

Detach the SD card and insert it in a Windows device, and use GetDataBack for FAT32 to recover the data. There are also some Live CDs which allow one to recover data. It is possible to easily recover data from the popular filesystems Ext2/Ext3, FAT32, and NTFS.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
The nature of Podcasts are that you can just download them again. Be thankful that the data wasn't just stored on your card!

-T.

Tags
undelete nokia n8100