Posts: 110 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Earth, 38.830000, -77.00000
So yesterday I decided to install the maemo5 beta SDK and re-port (almost-complete UI redesign) PokerTH to maemo after a long state of neglect. (Maemo4 version is frozen at ...0.6.4? due to boost >=1.36 not being available.)

Anyways, here's a screenshot of it running inside Xephyr(not in SDK). My SDK's af-init thing is broken so if someone would be so kind to test it for me , it's in extras-devel.

Colors need some changing, but I (hopefully) got all of the new style in there . Now to wait for an actual device to play it on...

EDIT:
Oh yeah, if anyone wants to take a screenshot of this running in the SDK, that would be very much appreciated .

Update:
Thanks qgil >_>. I completely forgot to test my deb locally - turns out I messed up typing(interpreting dep names)[on] some dependencies. Anyways, everything is fixed and now installs correctly, deb should be in extras-devel in a few.

Update2:
Alright, got my SDK fixed so I can actually run it in the SDK rather than on my computer. Menu button apparently doesn't work. so a *-3 update will be up soon, thanks mikkov for the hints about the control file never really liked packaging (if everyone could run from tar.gz that would be fun ). Anyways, I separated the data to a different package, feel free to report any further issues.

Last edited by Firebird8; 2009-08-24 at 14:11.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Firebird8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
"Unable to install"

You have plenty of libboost missing dependencies and a couple of libqt as well. I don't even know how you managed to bring your package to extras-devel.

But very interesting! Keep pushing please.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Earth, 38.830000, -77.00000
Oops, I was totally guessing on those dependency package names when writing the control file. I guessed wrong it seems .

Edit:
Hmm apparently all the boost packages have a version number at the end of their names: 1.38.0, I have as deps *1.38. >_>

Last edited by Firebird8; 2009-08-24 at 03:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebird8 For This Useful Post:
You could (or more like should) have your Depends line like this:
Code:
Depends:  ${shlibs:Depends},  ${misc:Depends}
and if there's some data packages missing add them manually

Architecture could be
Code:
Architecture: any
so that it could be tested in SDK too

Icon doesn't show up in SDK until desktop is restarted, I don't know if it happens in device (would happen in N8x0), but it can be fixed by having debian/postinst
Code:
if [ -x /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache ]; then
  gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor
fi
I tested it in SDK, it started but couldn't really do anything because menu didn't open from menu button.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Heh, thanks for testing mivvok and qgil , my SDK miraculously started working today, so I will be able to fix that menu button issue that only happens in the SDK (!?) I'll have *-3 up soon. (Keep the debian packaging hints coming, still new at this whole packaging thing - why can't the world run on *tar.gz )

Hmm, I have run into a problem with QT. None of the QDialogs recieve keyboard input. Would someone be so kind to see if it works in their SDK install?

Files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...4e75f6e8ebb871

Fastest way to see if it works is to hit Menu->Internet Game and try to enter a new name in the dialog that pops up afterwards.

Thanks guys.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Firebird8 View Post
Hmm, I have run into a problem with QT. None of the QDialogs recieve keyboard input. Would someone be so kind to see if it works in their SDK install?
The Fremantle UI doesn't start in the ARMEL target (due to QEMU problems); only the X86 target works for starting the UI.

So, if you want testers, maybe an X86 build would be more useful, please?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Guess I didn't get the message heh, testing on i386 now. (It does run in the armel target though, with run-standalone)

Edit:
Blarg, qt it seems has many issues in the current SDK. Once you hide() an entire window, you can't make it reappear with show(), especially if the program has multiple main windows(pokerth), guess I'll wait till the window managing is more finalized.

Last edited by Firebird8; 2009-08-25 at 05:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebird8 For This Useful Post:

Tags
poker