Active Topics

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Hello peeps.

Why isn't that being discussed? I mean, after the N900 is now able to record astounding 720p captures, having continuous AF will really make me sell my Sony digital camera.

Is it possible? What are the limitations? Anybody tried implementing that? Any closed source drivers to deal with?

I can recall my Nexus S, which has very similar hardware to our N900s, not having that feature, but an Android SW update enabled it and I was like "F--- Yeah!"

I was in Istanbul last week, and today I was viewing some videos that I've snapped, and oh god they're just beautiful. Crystal clear and smooth @ a stable 24FPS. However, I recalled how I found it hard to remind myself to click the camera button each time I switched scenes.

If somebody ever does it, I will do anything, including switching my sexual interest to a different gender, yes, it is worth it .

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
yes i was also wishing that if n900 can do that. well but ho do you managed to get 720p video recording n900 ? i never heard about it.

Lol there is a gross thread by mighty freemangordon on that, check it out.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Lol there is a gross thread by mighty freemangordon on that, check it out.
found it. thanks for replying.

No reply, in a day...hmmmmm...

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
I would vote for a continous auto-focus as well of the camera.

It might be tricky to apply and should have some room to not autofocus, like if you take a video of a corner and then it immediatly tries to focus to what is behind it as you accidently go a little over it. Maybe some custom parameters would be helpful for this mode, in the form of "if focus changed after §X amount of time, refocus" or another important one "if focus must be changed by $X amount, do so, else no refocus". That would imho give a nice way of implementing an auto-focus feature which gives us as the users some extra-room to apply out own way of recording it then Of course sharing results on what is best for which scene would then go into an extra thread

I am just curious on how it should refocus. It will definitly be viewable it tried to refocus (I assume it would do so by the default focusing which happens on every half-press of the camera button) and that doesn't look pretty. Maybe using some maths to find out which way to focus by comparing which of the following steps yields a better picture?

Anyways, I would vote for this feature.
Sadly my skills with computers are limited to just minor tweaking and combining packages to do something within their functionality rather than code myself anything :/

Cheers,

mikki-kun

In the end, there will be only chaos! - Kratos, God of War 3

The Following User Says Thank You to mikki-kun For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Would be nice, but I have no idea how possible it is... hope somebody with knowledge brings light about this... I guess it would require a kind of tricky algorithm to keep focusing just about a fixed point so it will just change 'a little' al the time (instead of all the way like it does now).... dunno' anything about this algorithms and I'm not programmer, and don't know if FCam API would be of any use in this case... BUMP!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Originally Posted by strange1712 View Post
Would be nice, but I have no idea how possible it is... hope somebody with knowledge brings light about this... I guess it would require a kind of tricky algorithm to keep focusing just about a fixed point so it will just change 'a little' al the time (instead of all the way like it does now).... dunno' anything about this algorithms and I'm not programmer, and don't know if FCam API would be of any use in this case... BUMP!
We definitely need some light from nicolai.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
We definitely need some light from nicolai.
i agree,

nicholai where are you!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
So is it possible now ?