Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
Yeah, most people with cameraphones don't care about macro shots. Try again.

Says who? Most people certainly don't say that because most people don't like edof.

Point is, you don't get it. Macro is not important in 99% of use cases != macro is not important for 99% of users.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Elop, and the rest of the board, good for Nokia? I disagree.

But one thing I am 100% sure he is NOT good for the open source at Nokia.

* He is NOT good for N9
* He is not good for Linux/QT/Meego
* He and Microsoft is not even good for Android the sueing of HTC/Samsung and other will soon start the same way as Microsoft and Apple is doing it now.
* I am not even sure he is good for S40

And thats what you call cleanup the mess inside Nokia? No, MrFlop is just helping Microsoft.

Until they proves I am wrong.. I disagree...

The only good for Nokia seems to be Nokia Sweden....
As far as I can see, Nokia is in deep **** at the moment, and I think few disagree with that. The deeper you are and the longer you keep putting changes off, the deeper it will hurt to get out, and more sacrifices has to be done. It's just a fact of life. It is Nokia, not Elop that has brought Nokia into this mess. No matter how you look at this, Nokia will hurt.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I'd be interested to know on what data people are basing their judgment that Elop's decisions are good for Nokia and it's shareholders.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Has Windows Phone 7 got multi-tasking yet? Last I checked hitting the back key to go to a previous app would just re-open that app instead of continuing where you left off - kinda annoying when gaming lol

Anyways back on topic: N9 has finally appeared on Amazon's website. I had a pre-order placed with expansys.com but I think I'll cancel that and go with Amazon instead as I trust Amazon's buyer protection alot more!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prozac786 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Lets wait and see. Everybody was glowing about N900, and it turned to be a special yet highly unfinished product.
But we know all the history behind why that happened now.
Harmattan simply hasn't had the same trajectory.
It's been planned from the ground-up as a true consumer proposition.*
Yes it's had the wind taken out of its sales massively since Feb.
But it's simply had a very different roll-out...
I don't get why you're ignoring all that, or do you simply not know all the history in-depth?

*You could never -in all honesty- argue that for the N900.
Assuming you know all the facts surrounding it's release.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
You don't actually believe that, right? Because nobody in gneral public will even remember N9 after 2 months, if they have ever even heard about it.
I'm waiting N9 eagerly but i don't even a sec believe N9 will sell anything.
Well, there' s tiny possibility it'll do 'okay', at least in some small markets.
We all know it's not going to do even close to as well as it may have.
For a whole host of reasons. That we're all sick of going over…

Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
Question: Does anybody know whether N9 supports syncing of Outlook/Exchange calendar via USB or bluetooth in a similar way as it works with Ovi Suite & Symbian? I know that there is something called Nokia Link which should work with N9, but for that it only says is specs "PC and Mac application for easily syncing photos, music and videos". Any idea whether Ovi Suite would work in this case?
And before anybody says "use MfE": Not an option in case of my work email/calendar. Our company's IT-department has a monthly fee for such joy and with all these present day's cost cutting exercises its not easy to get an approval for that.
Besides, I don't want to contaminate my own phone with emails related to work, just getting calendars in sync is enough.
try asking in here?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74802

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
But we know all the history behind why that happened now.
Harmattan simply hasn't had the same trajectory.
It's been planned from the ground-up as a true consumer proposition.*
Yes it's had the wind taken out of its sales massively since Feb.
But it's simply had a very different roll-out...
I don't get why you're ignoring all that, or do you simply not know all the history in-depth?

*You could never -in all honesty- argue that for the N900.
Assuming you know all the facts surrounding it's release.

Well, there' s tiny possibility it'll do 'okay', at least in some small markets.
We all know it's not going to do even close to as well as it may have.
For a whole host of reasons. That we're all sick of going over…

try asking in here?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74802
The N900 was released in Jan 2010 and Maemo was started in december 2009 thats why it was such a damm shambles .

But seriously lets hope you dont end up eating your words with the N9 and Harmattan but i am positive it will not be the disaster that Maemo was.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Someone hinted that the N900 is now shown in Amazon. I looked and yes, there is now listings for N9 at Amazon.com. The 16GB pricing is said as $500 and 64GB as $650.

They are sold by Hot Gadgets located in UK. It is a brand new seller with 0 feedback rating... (Smells fishy? I think so too...)

They claim it is in stock, but also say that it will be delivered at Sept 23rd... If it was in stock why to wait over a month for delivery?

Regardless, this may be a good indication of the N9 US pricing and also confirms the availability towards end of September.

EDIT: Prozac786 just few posts above mentioned the Amazon... Thanks for the hint!

Last edited by Mara; 2011-08-14 at 14:00.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Someone hinted that the N900 is now shown in Amazon. I looked and yes, there is now listings for N9 at Amazon.com. The 16GB pricing is said as $500 and 64GB as $650.

They are sold by Hot Gadgets located in UK. It is a brand new seller with 0 feedback rating... (Smells fishy? I think so too...)

They claim it is in stock, but also say that it will be delivered at Sept 23rd... If it was in stock why to wait over a month for delivery?

Regardless, this may be a good indication of the N9 US pricing and also confirms the availability towards end of September.

EDIT: Prozac786 just few posts above mentioned the Amazon... Thanks for the hint!
I just don't
See it. Only see gel skin protectors, and why would you need that on a polycarbonate body

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
The N900 was released in Jan 2010 and Maemo was started in december 2009 thats why it was such a damm shambles .

But seriously lets hope you dont end up eating your words with the N9 and Harmattan but i am positive it will not be the disaster that Maemo was.
jatalyst analyse or plenty more correct than you(and similars) you always has ignore the facts over and over again. The reason Maemo5 is ripped has been discussed in several threads but you will never understand. Stkeeps is one of many core developers who infact try make N900 still progress but you and others still dont get it! There is a BIG difference between Maemo5 and Maemo/Meego harmattan in case of development. thats why harmttan already is more stable will be supported longer. much of the highlevel codebase can also be shared between symbian3 and harmattan. This was NOT the case with maemo 5 and old symbian both using totally different frameworks...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-14 at 14:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????