Closed Thread
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mobilebuddha View Post
2) With the exception of handwriting recognition, do I -need- the stylus to do anything on the device? If so, where? I'd like to know just how finger/touch friendly this device is.
I guess the obvious side answer is that there is no handwriting recognition on the device, so you don't need a stylus for even that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by mobilebuddha View Post
3) Does it support google push email? Will it be able to support OTA syncing of google contacts, calendar?
It supports the OTA sync of Google Contacts and Calendar using the Mail for Exchange mechanism. After receiving my device, I was up and running with all my information in a matter of minutes.
Not sure about Gmail push - I'm just using it over IMAP on the N900 (as I hold the emails on my notebook due to work reasons). This is not instant, but suffices for me.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peio View Post
And the last one : does anybody know the length of the A/V cable that comes in the box ?
150 cm (Nokia CA-75U)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Sooo... say I am surfing at home (on the wifi) and find a YooToob I really like and want to share - but the people I want to share it with are somewhere with no signal.
My firefox has a download help plug-in, which will pull down a flash vid for me and convert it to something I can view offline. Does the maemo browser have anything like that? (or is it likely to get something like that?)
There is a 3rd party app named mYTube that can do all that. Search online / Download to local storage / Replay offline.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Here's one: All my data - pics, music and documents - is on a network drive accessed via wifi, so I can access it whichever computer I'm on. I'd assumed that an n900 can also access them - can it?
If you have a uPnP/DNLA-Server, it will show up in the Media Player and you can then access all your media for replay/viewing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
what is (until the current date) the confirmed use of the front camera? can it take a photos at all?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Has anyone found a good (as in free and fully functioning) way of syncing OTA with multiple google calendars?

Google Sync using Mail for Exchange can only handle one calendar as I understand.

Recently Google made the mail piece available via the ActiveSync/Mail for Exchange. I'm not sure what exactly it's called, but basically you setup an exchange account and instead of "turning off" mail, you have all 3 (mail, contacts, calendar) on.

Is this supported in the N900? Thanks again for answering all of my questions (and future questions as well. ). You guys rock!

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
It supports the OTA sync of Google Contacts and Calendar using the Mail for Exchange mechanism. After receiving my device, I was up and running with all my information in a matter of minutes.
Not sure about Gmail push - I'm just using it over IMAP on the N900 (as I hold the emails on my notebook due to work reasons). This is not instant, but suffices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobilebuddha For This Useful Post:
Maemo supports all kinds of languages, and I love how you can have two languages on the virtual keyboard and switch so seamlessly. But the language I want isn't one of them, and probably won't be one soon.

This is where my new-ness comes in- I wanted to know what I could do, or who to work with to get my language, not throughout the UI just for input text.

I figured just waiting like I would with any other OS won't cut it, people are working hard to bring us quality apps so maybe I can give something back for a change.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
No, you don't need the stylus. In my experience of 4 days very heavy usage and testing, I only used it very rarely - and only because I was used to use it like that from my N810/N800. In the meantime, I've learned the proper usage of finger-only
A caveat: I've had to use the stylus on some web pages, including this one, unless I choose to zoom in. Some web elements such as buttons and scroll bars are often difficult to manipulate with a finger at normal zoom.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted