Notices

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by ade View Post
A few KOF versions you mentioned I tried and could not get it working. I also tried to get Metal Slug 3 working (by combining some romsets), but it ended up in a segfault

I tried some of those games in the FBA emulator (which supports NeoGeo), but they crashed on me also.

How did you come up with a 40MB limit? I read the largest Neo Geo cartridge was King of Fighters 2003, at 716 megs (89.5 MB). Afaik gngeo is also not limited to 40MB, but I am not sure.

BTW: I now have my own gngeo version compiled, and I already added some extra key configurations, including savestate and loadstate. But I still have not fixed the crash issue in fullscreen after a few evenings trying. I hope to look at that further when spare time allows me that.
Yes, with me it is the same, even if the mslug3 is located at the right folder it doesn't show up on roms list, like kof99 and kof2000, I don't know what is wrong, what we can do is search them and get from different sources.

I noticed that all of my roms are under 40MB so I figured that out but am not sure. The FBA emulator is for maemo? Or a different platform? How did you combine different romsets, I heard about them (romsets) but not sure what are them...

Just another question, I noticed that in gngeorc file where we can edit manually to set keys and configurations, wich your gui already does there're options for mapping 'hot keys' very useful for kof games like a+b b+c c+d buttons if is not too much may I ask you to add that in a future gngeo-gui release? In the gngeorc file we can do that but I don't know how to do it yet, will try . If you can do that maybe also a+c and c+d buttons too wich are 2 punchs and 2 kicks respectively. Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

P S .: What you mean by 716 megs (89.5 MB) ?

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Yes, with me it is the same, even if the mslug3 is located at the right folder it doesn't show up on roms list, like kof99 and kof2000, I don't know what is wrong, what we can do is search them and get from different sources.

I noticed that all of my roms are under 40MB so I figured that out but am not sure. The FBA emulator is for maemo? Or a different platform? How did you combine different romsets, I heard about them (romsets) but not sure what are them...

Just another question, I noticed that in gngeorc file where we can edit manually to set keys and configurations, wich your gui already does there're options for mapping 'hot keys' very useful for kof games like a+b b+c c+d buttons if is not too much may I ask you to add that in a future gngeo-gui release? In the gngeorc file we can do that but I don't know how to do it yet, will try . If you can do that maybe also a+c and c+d buttons too wich are 2 punchs and 2 kicks respectively. Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

P S .: What you mean by 716 megs (89.5 MB) ?
FBA supports a broad line of arcade machines. TMO thread is here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82760

NeoGeo games will only be shown in the list if gngeo recognizes them. The content of the zip file must match the related .rc file.

About the hotkeys: you can define them globally in the gngeo config file. One of the reasons i did not put them in the gui, is that I do not have enough keys on the gamegripper . But it can be placed in the gui some way I guess.

NeoGeo used Megabits to define the size of it's roms.
1 Mbit is roughly equal to 125 kilobytes (kB). 716MBit is equal to about the 89.5 MB I mentioned.

Last edited by ade; 2012-05-12 at 21:22.

Hello Ade . I bought a usb gamepad ( cheap chinese 'mandarim' ) but it has analogues joysticks, I can't map directionals, could mark a b c d coin start but again the directionals none, it was the same with the other gamepad I tested some time ago. When trying to remap directionals gngeo-guy joystick app not responding, is it a BUG in the app regarding mapping or using usb gamepads or I need to get one without analogues. " My ps3 controller not working yet, it works with ps3 but not with N900 anymore " . Will look in the approp thread for that. Thank you. GPR

PS.: I put a screenshot of the joystick connected.
Attached Images

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2012-06-15 at 04:24.

Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Hello Ade . I bought a usb gamepad ( cheap chinese 'mandarim' ) but it has analogues joysticks, I can't map directionals, could mark a b c d coin start but again the directionals none, it was the same with the other gamepad I tested some time ago. When trying to remap directionals gngeo-guy joystick app not responding, is it a BUG in the app regarding mapping or using usb gamepads or I need to get one without analogues. " My ps3 controller not working yet, it works with ps3 but not with N900 anymore " . Will look in the approp thread for that. Thank you. GPR

PS.: I put a screenshot of the joystick connected.
Hi Gleydsonpr,
As mentioned in post 271 I only support digital directionals. As long as the configuration in gngeo-gui does not get (correct) input from the joystick, it will wait indefinitely. I think gngeo itself does also not support analog directionals, but could not find a definitive answer to that.

But it has also a button with a led indicating when the analogues are on or off, I tried both options, but none work, strange that when I used the ps3 sixaxis the analogues used to work, altough had some bugs, anyway I will change the usb gamepad for one without analogues, I bought it on Monday.
Update: Actually I am not 100 sure, maybe I'm confusing with the Mupen64Plus emulator, that I know for sure supports the ps3 analogues.

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2012-06-15 at 15:41.

AFAIK some kind of daemon is used to translate sixaxis input into keystrokes? That way it actually uses the keyboard-keys as input, not the joystick signals in a direct way.

You didn't mention this usb joystick had an analog/digital switch. And the directional pad doesn't work without configurating it in gngeo ("out of the box")?

Yes, the directionals should have working out of the box without remap before, that is what the guy at the store told me (about the analog on/off switch key), but I actually don't believe because it was very cheap and also on its back says usb 2.0 but when I connect using ' h-e-n ' app I have to choose full or low speed and not 'high' speed wich is meant for USB 2.0, but maybe I'm wrong. On XTerminal says usb 1.1, are all those usb joysticks 1.1 version ? I will try to change to another one tomorrow and report back here. Don't care if it's analog or digital, I just want it to work. BTW: Do you know some other app/emulator that support joysticks beside your own? Thanks.

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2012-06-15 at 20:20.

On the other day I tested my joystick again (the same), I couldn't change because more than 1 week with it, so I'll try to sell it and get a new one this time without analogues!!! Anyway I tested it again and the left and right were working, very strange, if I try to map the directionals the app gngeo-gui becomes unresponsive, but sometimes not, if I don't switch the light (analogue on/off switch) I can map the directionals but during the game it's like wasn't mapped and I pressed 'SAVE' , also the number of the keys are the same, in that case all of them were '4' . It's a shame I can't play this emulator with a gamepad, very annoying to play on N900's keyboard. Can't wait to fix my sixaxis. I recorded another video this time with TV OUT, will upload tomorrow or later today, actually 2 videos. Will put the links here after upload. Or just type

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gprkof

to search all my videos there and sort by DATE after .

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2012-07-23 at 20:04.

He gleydsonpr, always good to see a our biggest SNK fan back

How does your joystick config look now, could you show me the output of:
Code:
cat /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc|grep p1joy
GnGeo is going to get one of my first priorities now (with no open issues on the replacement clock), in an attempt to fix the crashing in fullscreen during OSD. If fixed, I can offer some more options like savestates etc. Could very well be impossible for me to fix...at least I want to try within a month from now.

Too bad you are using the "old" CPS2emu gui in one of your videos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by ade View Post
He gleydsonpr, always good to see a our biggest SNK fan back

How does your joystick config look now, could you show me the output of:
Code:
cat /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc|grep p1joy
GnGeo is going to get one of my first priorities now (with no open issues on the replacement clock), in an attempt to fix the crashing in fullscreen during OSD. If fixed, I can offer some more options like savestates etc. Could very well be impossible for me to fix...at least I want to try within a month from now.

Too bad you are using the "old" CPS2emu gui in one of your videos
This is for sure "asking too much", but anyway if you are plenty of time you could also create one of your wonderful UIs for Mupen64+.