Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well this is a bit weird as I'm using fastern9 and it doesn't take more than 30secs to get a lock and that too while I'm indoors...

Are you sure uninstalling fastern9 solves your GPS issue?

Or maye you have some other tweak/mod that is affecting the GPS?
I also have fasterN9. Seems it's the opposite for me. When outside, all it takes is 3s to lock, much faster than before.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Are you sure uninstalling fastern9 solves your GPS issue?

Or maye you have some other tweak/mod that is affecting the GPS?
No, I dont think that this problem is because of fastern9. I just hope in ppl here. Wich could know something about this problem. I tried to solve this by n9QTweak, I hope that fastern9 could solve this, but it doesnt work. So, I'm asking here if anybody doesnt know this problem.

It's same like a battery issue. When my battery is below 30% (mostly when its 23-26%), when I'm using phone (internet browsing,maps,..) it falls down to 4%. After reboot it's back on 20-22%. (but it's not because of fastern9)

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
So... newest "unstable" version performs faster than the stable one?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
So... newest "unstable" version performs faster than the stable one?
IMO, yes...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Thanks for your work traysh. I decided to try fastern9 and chose the stable one. After installing I get two application .desktop entries, which cannot be removed because "application doesn't exist". Cannot get rid of them using purge to remove fastern9.

Also when I boot up phone is on Safe mode.

What is wrong?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Phone on Safe Mode means a system-ui fault not fastern9...

Try deleting the entries from /usr/share/applications/

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Greece
The only problem that I found with the version 1.1.0 is that when the GPS is in fuction...the screen after a while is turned off...Without tha Faster N9 I don't have that issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeChios For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Well..Now my phone is semi-multitasking device. Noticeable when listening streams and browsing webpages, music skips. Not so surprisingly FM-radio works without skipping. On the bright side responsiveness is now on level that I excepted from day 1 from smartphone!

So to my usage case it seems that I might keep this app. Lets see what happens after 4-5 days uptime..currently my device tends to slow down mostly because of open webpages on background.

If we could get user configurable (no thanks to CLI, yes its possible from there ) priority settings in order to give more cpu time to apps that possibly need it. And if possible then naturally option to give more cpu time to audio-system modules would be also good option to have.

ps.
What net-radio app might take less system resources than this:
http://store.ovi.com/content/217338

Maybe this has been convered before, but does this not work with HSS or create any issues with HSS? Or can I just refrain from certain tweaks that would interfere with HSS? Any info would be apprectiated

Just re-posting from the Wazapp thread. May be useful here.

One observation: I have latest Cepi build installed ie 21092012. I have been monitoring the power consumption trends . Meanwhile I also installed "FasterN9" deb just to try it.

Wazapp when launched for the first time, does some CPU activity at startup , which is expected and then the process goes to sleep or something like that, it does not show up in "top" . Now, on receiving a message, the process wakes up and constantly stays at 1.5-2.5% CPU usage, thus never sleeping , even after I am done sending-receiving. This seems to have affected battery life a lot.

Now, with fastern9, same happens as above, except that along with wazapp process, the pulseaudio process too stays woken up with 5-6% CPU usage and goes normal down only when I quit Wazapp. With fastern9 installed, I noticed average idle current of 30mA on wifi!!

I have since removed fastern9 , and idle current is back down to 20mA on wifi,which is still more then previous builds.

I cannot go back to previous builds because this is the build which is very stable even with 10+ chats.

@Cepi, its just a guess, but I think this bug was introduced with the new chat sound message scheme, as with fastern9, it seems to drag pulseaudio down too.