Hello,

In the Maemo wiki, I read a method to edit the rootfs.jffs2 file. But it isn't working for me. I'm using ubuntu 9.10, and the error I'm getting is: Error read superblock.

Can someone be so kind of uploading the rootfs in a tar?

Originally Posted by Tux-Sef View Post
Hello,

In the Maemo wiki, I read a method to edit the rootfs.jffs2 file. But it isn't working for me. I'm using ubuntu 9.10, and the error I'm getting is: Error read superblock.

Can someone be so kind of uploading the rootfs in a tar?
I'm stuck as well, any help would be appreciated as the Maemo wiki is incorrect.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Tux-Sef View Post
In the Maemo wiki, I read a method to edit the rootfs.jffs2 file.
It is ubifs, not jffs2 anymore (even if flasher calls it like that). For guide see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...015#post403015

You need relatively recent kernel for ubifs. Ubuntu 9.10 worked for me.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2010-01-04 at 09:53.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
It is ubifs, not jffs2 anymore (even if flasher calls it like that). For guide see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...015#post403015
Unfortunately, the guide does not work in the SDK VM, nor my Debian desktop (see my previous response in that thread).

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Might be old kernel, ubifs is relatively recent kernel feature. I did it when booted ubuntu 9.10 desktop in live CD mode in VMWare. When done like this the VM needs more memory or nandsim can use file. I think I used 512 for RAM and it felt tight when nandsim took 256 of it.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2010-01-04 at 10:00.