Hello world!

I really want a perfect nitdroid on n900 But i don't think that it will happen

Please tell me If its happening in future! if somebody is still working on this project!

I was using android 2.3.4, It was quite stable but not enough then i planned to update it to 2.3.7, Because i found some problems with sms in 2.3.4,2.3.7 solved the problem but I think Its my mistake to upgrade my Nitdroid coz i face problems like hell :-|

I updated my phone to nitdroid 2.3.7 (Its highly experimental though) but it really solved my SMS problem! I used nitdroid yesterday for like 12 hours and didn't see any problems with texting!

BUT! I don't recommend anybody 2.3.7 because i faced millions of problems with it! Applications got crashed like trillion times! Facebook is useless! I couldn't even write a comment it asks me to force close!

The worst thing in nitdroid 2.3.7 is the sound has been so much creepy,I could hear strong distortion! even when i was playing angry birds i had to mute it! The sound is annoying! besides these,I had to face many restarts! Which actually sucks really!

Camera has been awful in 2.3.7! You can't see anybody in picture if you're indoor! Unless you've 1000 watt bulb light it think (Sorry i over exaggerated but its true literally) I captured a picture outside my house but the camera result was like 1.3 mp camera which was really creepy!

A good thing about 2.3.7 is, I found it a little bit faster than 2.3.4! like animations in menu! blah blah..

Some apps doesn't work like battery watcher etc! Phone gets restart as you'll open them!

I wish i could get a working android software on my N900

The Following User Says Thank You to hussy.plus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I don't think so, because,

and I may have to repeat this questions again and again: Why do you want to spoil a perfect N900 with Android? There are so many 'Droids' with physical keyboards, and same or mostly better specs regarding CPU and RAM capacity available on the market. And so many people producer custom images for them.

...as an added bonus you can even place calls with them.

There is simply no incentive. Way more people would instead like to have Maemo on newer devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
2 Reasons (for me at least) for an N900 with Android:

* Decent Offline Navigation is something Maemo is lacking

* A good display is something all the other cheap androids are lacking.

That said I would prefer a decent offline Navigation with Maemo over anything else But i guess this is even more unlikely than a stable Android on N900

Besides those issues: I have a quite good experience with the Nemus Launcher on 2.3.4 and N900. Compared to Go-Launcher it was a lot faster and more stable (Tested with 1150 MHz).

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...Chinese Droids with resistive screens exist.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't thing the goal with the project was to give a perfect solution. It's a hack and intressting project, but like most projects, its just for fun and for devs to try and learn.

Its takes enourmus amount of time them to get a prefect solution for n900. Not gonna happen.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Manille
The Nokia N900 is successfully handling Google’s latest mobile operating system, Android 2.3 Gingerbread

@don_falcone

Do you have some device in mind? I don't care for the looks. I would need it for a tinkering project. N900 is brilliant for that because you get it cheap (used) and I like Maemo, besides for the missing Navigation I would like it even more if Nokia would give the full source to the community....but well....wrong place to complain about

Originally Posted by abercrombiegurl View Post
The Nokia N900 is successfully handling Google’s latest mobile operating system, Android 2.3 Gingerbread
"Successfully handling" is a bit overenthusiastic for a system that does not support voicecalls, GPS, proper photos, Bluetooth&WLan in parallel and generally tends to be a bit unstable, don't you think?

Of course no offense meant, I'm not complaining that it does not work flawless.

besides...2.3 is not Googles latest mobile os.

Last edited by hottex; 2012-06-19 at 11:51.

LOL! So that means we are not gonna get any perfect version!
But there is another thread! named 'Grand nitdroid project'' some thing like this! I don't really recall the name!

I was just wondering how about having ICS on n900? What are the advantages over gingerbread? any idea?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by abercrombiegurl View Post
Would you like to elaborate on this please because i dont know of anything that can be used as an OS apart from Maemo successfully that is on the N900 !.

ICS on the N900..... OK i would love to see that happen !.

Android on an N900? It is like removing the controls from a Saturn 5 rocket and replacing them with a lard dildo.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post: