There is already free games for iPhone, so surely it is not a main reason. Steve Jobs actually tells what is the main reason in his open letter.

I must remind, Nokia for alot lesser same kind of reasons has abanded Java support from Maemo and seems like it won't be supported in Meego either. Yet, Java still is supported in more different hardware devices than any other software platform.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
There is already free games for iPhone, so surely it is not a main reason. Steve Jobs actually tells what is the main reason in his open letter.

I must remind, Nokia for alot lesser same kind of reasons has abanded Java support from Maemo and seems like it won't be supported in Meego either. Yet, Java still is supported in more different hardware devices than any other software platform.

I agree, I forgot to mention that the games wouldn't need Jailbreaking nor approval from the app store...

Flash is a platform on its own and it would take all the control out of Apples hands. This is why Adobe was going to let flash developers build iphone apps using Flash alone so Apple doesn't lose control.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
The difference is that you are free (and welcome) to hack Java support into Maemo/MeeGo (and some even did to a certain extent), even if Nokia itself has no reason for explicitly doing that.

With Flash it's a different story. Apple does not want it for business reasons (the letter with rationalizations is just a sign of mounting pressure because of this). Remember, they are not 'leaving it out'. The are actively looking to terminate it.