Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
kmplayer (and others based on mplayer) do not use hw acceleration and thus should fail on some vids that media player should succeed in playing if you have 720p vid libraries enabled. Media player is an integrated component and that means it marshals more resources when working and that takes time.

Nonetheless, on my setup (720p enabled, CSSU-T, kernel power and dsp overclock) and after a reboot, media player plays (image visible) a 720x432 h.264 video after between 4 to 8 secs has elapsed. Not too shabby. Smaller vids start immediately.

And yes, the dsp voltage can go wacky and trying to play HD stuff there you will sit into eternity... until a reboot sorts things out.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
someone said the dsp can do 700+ mhz , libgdps.so(i think) could that one post something here , and by the way , the android codecs can be used on maemo?
the stock media player doesn't have the resize and fit function , with that will be almost complete

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-03-12 at 21:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
someone said the dsp can do 700+
Even more than that, but it don't affect a single thing. Not allowing you to play higher profile videos, or getting more FPS on GLES games or nuttin', at all. After some limit, it's just numerology .
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-14 at 04:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
i've encountred shuttering on all players . the vlc(manual optified) is the only one wich played xvid 720p @800 kbps , cpu used 98% , anyone has a newer version compared the vlc team one?
what exactly does the increasing of the dsp frequency ?dsp does encode/decode or what? have you tried 700Mhz or more ? how does the dsp frecquency influence the video playback? if does it influence it , could someone post the unlocked .so file? thanks to all of you

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-03-13 at 13:42.

For your case, DSP isn't related at all - VLC (or any other player than doesn't use MAFW - check yourself before you ask which one use it, as it's great OT here) does decoding solely on CPU power. It is also not related to modifications from this thread, then.

So, it is off-topic here, really.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I have a question, or to be able to record videos in 720p I have to have kernel-power v49-50?

Can I have a V51?

Originally Posted by skrobi2 View Post
I have a question, or to be able to record videos in 720p I have to have kernel-power v49-50?

Can I have a V51?
Latest kp will do. Successive versions tend to be cumulative ie. they add functionality, not remove it.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
So having the kernel power V51 normally I record videos in 720p?

Welcome.

I have a problem I installed it and now when I try to burn a movie to a black screen how to fix it?

Do you mean recording results in a blank screen movie (even when played on a pc) or when you try to play a movie on the n900 the screen is blank?

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player