Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
It should. Just check in your app manager that the extra-devel repository has both free and non-free in the components field.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Does the non-free stuff show up in the "normal" Application Manager or does the user have to change their repositories?

See the source of the packages culmus or locale-resolver-extra (in extras repository) for two examples of packages that the autobuilder accepts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
I'm very interested in this thread as I'm in basically the same situation as qole: I've got a package right now that consists of some shell scripts and a few pre-compiled kernel modules. Unfortunately I don't have access to a full debian system (I'm running Fedora boxes), but the lack of a proper makefile/etc is also a hinderance, so the non-free looks like a good way to go at the moment. The only catch is whenever I try to upload the package to my garage page using SCP I keep getting this error:

Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
lost connection

Perhaps I'm missing something... do you have to sign the deb itself or anything in order to upload it? (All the information I've found says you only ever sign the .changes file, which obviously in this case doesn't apply), but surely there's some form of authentication or passphrase checking/etc that I'm missing...

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
[QUOTE=jolouis;232193]The only catch is whenever I try to upload the package to my garage page using SCP I keep getting this error:

Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
lost connection[/WUOTE]

This sounds like #3354 which, if it is, needs re-opening with the issue.

It's worth clarifying, however, that you're not uploading anything to "your garage page". Garage != Extras(-devel), and what you're doing is uploading your package to the incoming queue of packages for the Extras repository.

Perhaps I'm missing something... do you have to sign the deb itself or anything in order to upload it? (All the information I've found says you only ever sign the .changes file, which obviously in this case doesn't apply), but surely there's some form of authentication or passphrase checking/etc that I'm missing...
*Something*'ll need to be signed, the dsc and/or changes file should contain an index of the things you're uploading, and that'll include the deb. The text file contains a hash of the larger file and that's then signed (to prevent signing potentially large files).

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
OK, not much time at the moment, but I got things working, so I'll post a quick how-to with no links or anything; if someone finds my technique useful, I'll gladly expand it to include detail where needed.

1. Make a GPG key on my desktop Ubuntu machine.

2. Copy the ~/.gnupg directory on my Ubuntu machine to my tablet: /home/user/.gnupg

3. In my tablet's Debian chroot (as root),
Code:
apt-get install devscripts dput
cd /etc
mv dput.cf dput.cf.orig
wget http://qole.maemobox.org/dput.cf
4. Build the package with PyPackager. It is very important to have at least one dependency; if you don't have a dependency, you will break the repository . Also, the "package revision" field from PyPackager is ignored (0.9-1, 0.9-2), so you'll need to indicate minor revisions like so: 0.9.1, 0.9.2, etc. Just leave the package revision set to 1.

5. Use the "debbie" command to go into the Debian chroot as "user" (rather than root). Go to the PyPackager project directory.

6. Find my key ID:
Code:
gpg --list-keys
7. Using my key ID (e.g. 123X4567) and the package name created by PyPackager (e.g. : my-package-name-0.3.2-1_armel)
Code:
debsign -k123X4567  my-package-name-0.3.2-1_armel.changes
I'm asked for my password. Enter it and the file is signed.
Code:
dput -f diablo-extras-devel-non-free my-package-name-0.3.2-1_armel*.changes
The package should be uploaded! Then I just wait until 23 minutes past the hour for my package to show up in the repository.

EDIT: I have also created an rsa ssh key on my tablet, so I have the /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa file. I have also copied the contents of /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa.pub to the ssh key field on my garage profile page. These steps are explained in the wiki.

Last edited by qole; 2008-10-12 at 23:57. Reason: oops, gpg not gnupg

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Nice tutorial (though I'm biased as I upload anything I debianise to free, naturally ) but due to a recent improvement by X-Fade, it is no longer required to sign packages.

P.S I use scratchbox in hardy fine, install and leave the burden that is on device compiling! :P

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'd like to upload to free as well, but I'm just not capable enough with this stuff to do it. I really hope Khertan releases a new version of PyPackager that makes it possible to upload packages like mine again.

I mentioned our new Debmaster, Jeremiah, in the Tear 0.3 thread, and he appeared.

Let's see if he'll do it again...

Jeremiah! Jeremiah! Jeremiah!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I'm glad you bumped this thread qole; today I just started working on getting something uploaded to Extras/[-devel] e.g. just the dh_make step, and I think this'll come in quite handy. Thanks!

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Sorry to be so absent, I am trying to be more active in ITt. :-/

Just for the record, there is no _requirement_ that a deb package be accompanied with source. Debian _requires_ it, but the Maemo packaging policy does not, though that might change in the future.

Tags
autobuilder, extras, package, upload