is it possible to make it as a script and choose option a to turn on the default-server=tcp:REMOTEIP:4713 code then just run the script and choose option b to go back to normal?

Thanks for trying to make this happen I really want this feature.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
It might be possible, but I believe it will require a pulseaudio restart and maybe even a phone reboot. Besides, I haven't tried the setting yet and it might be overridden by $PULSE_SERVER somewhere else (according to the manpage). I can try and look into it next week, after my exams are over

The Following User Says Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Talking DLNA, we could use a DLNA client for N9 just as well. Would love to carry N9 around the house a portable streaming player.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Rygel works fine in PR1.1 without open mode. It is available from the SDK repo.

However.. PR1.2 brings "native" DLNA. For this, Rygel is used, so from PR1.2 onwards rygel is pre-installed.

Haven't tried anything else yet, I'm reconfiguring my phone now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
I know it's probably not what you're looking for, due to additional cost and limited range, but these work as a bluetooth headset:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel.../dp/B004VM1T5S
I haven't measured, but I can get well beyond the specced bluetooth range with this

nokia sells a nfc reciver to but the problem with it is that its only analog cabels. Same with the logitech. better to get the stream via wifi directly to media player that hooked up with digital cable or hdmi
Plus the range is better.

Edit: The range of nokias nfc reciver seems to be 100m.(guessing thats in open field) Still just analog cables though.

Last edited by Sniper_swe; 2012-02-29 at 00:14.

Just thought of another feature that would be cool.
Most mediaplayers allow media to be pushed to them. Like nokia play to for symbian or play to feature for win7.

If this would be possible u can push the stream to a dlna device and the stream would start automatily on the player

But lets first see if it possible to stream the audio

Another tip from fmc:

Code:
gst-launch pulsesrc device=sink.hw0.monitor ! audioconvert ! queue ! nokiaaacenc bitrate=128000 output-format=1 ! tcpserversink host=10.0.0.240 port=5000

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Sniper_swe View Post
Just thought of another feature that would be cool.
Most mediaplayers allow media to be pushed to them. Like nokia play to for symbian or play to feature for win7.

If this would be possible u can push the stream to a dlna device and the stream would start automatily on the player]
Huh? That's exactly what PR1.2 brings. It is a DLNA server (Rygel).
Those blog posts I linked to previously explain what the current implementation in 1.2 does.
Did you ask your question there yet?
Jens will explain whether what you're wanting is doable with the current implementation.
It sounds like something that should already be quite doable in 1.2 with some tweaks.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-29 at 03:28. Reason: typo

The dlna feature in pr 1.2 adds dlna server to n9. You cant push media to dlna devices with it. Only thing we can do is acces stored media from the phone and play it. But with sound that we dont have stored or sound that we play through a stream we cant share.

Dont get me wrong, i like the dlna feature as is but would like even more features if its possible.

Jalyst.
I have posted a comment in the blog you mentioned and asked Jens to take a look at this thread

Last edited by Sniper_swe; 2012-02-29 at 00:43.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Sniper_swe View Post
nokia sells a nfc reciver to but the problem with it is that its only analog cabels. Same with the logitech. better to get the stream via wifi directly to media player that hooked up with digital cable or hdmi
Plus the range is better.

Edit: The range of nokias nfc reciver seems to be 100m.(guessing thats in open field) Still just analog cables though.
what's wrong with cables?. do you mean quality below expectations? get a decent cable and you're done. your system is standard consumer stuff (unless you're running krell or alike but krell's amps run on 'just' analog cables too), so let's don't get too excited about quality. plus, proper cables actually adds to the sound. google monster cables for instance.

remember you want to stream sound from a mobile phone. if you want to 'push' DLNA streaming it is the source device that is responsible for producing the sound, not the receiving device, as it is in case of DLNA ready music players reading files over the network and decoding them themselves. N9 produces sounds that is good enough, yet not as good as for even a cheap cable to distort in any audible way.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-02-29 at 02:10.