Notices

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Greensboro, NC
As far as I know, you must have a valid login on sirius.com (subscription) to access the Sirius streams. I think you can still sign up for a temporary account which would give you a free 3-day trial of the service.

I took the liberty of emailing Tanner (fellow who created the Sirius Yahoo widget) to see if he was interested in tackling this job with some funding support. BTW, I would be happy to kick in as well, as a feel a Sirius tuner for the N800 would be absolutely fantastic!

What would be the ideal feature set of such an application - I don't use yahoo widgets, so I'm not sure what that app looks like?

Would people be willing to install additional applications like mplayer and python if they were used for such an application?

Originally Posted by m00s3computer View Post
What would be the ideal feature set of such an application - I don't use yahoo widgets, so I'm not sure what that app looks like?

Would people be willing to install additional applications like mplayer and python if they were used for such an application?
  • volume control
  • mute button
  • on/off switch
  • channel scroller/selector
  • fetch 'what's on' data from dogstarradio or whoever is providing it
  • standard or premium streams
  • favorites/alerts
  • ability to use Sirius US or Sirius Canada, depending on subscription
  • jump to previous channel (flashback function)
  • set traffic/weather channel, one-button jump to it

That's a short list. Perhaps others here have suggestions?

Hello,
I'm willing to step up and create an application for Sirius streaming on the n800. I was looking for an app that did this anyway!

I'm going to work on this starting monday, should have something together then. Might as well make a desktop version while i'm at it.

Originally Posted by gerrynjr View Post
Hello,
I'm willing to step up and create an application for Sirius streaming on the n800. I was looking for an app that did this anyway!

I'm going to work on this starting monday, should have something together then. Might as well make a desktop version while i'm at it.
Excellent! Do yourself a favor, and take a look at the Yahoo Sirius widget that Tanner J. wrote, as it is beloved by those who use it. From a feature standpoint, it's spot-on.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Lebanon,PA
That sounds good, get us miked up willie!

In the words of Ned "F*#$%& SWEET"

So anything ever come of this?

Any Updates yet????????

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Charlotte, NC
This would be seriously sweet! Thanks to everyone working on it and contributing. I would be willing to make a donation as well. I love Sirius and have used the app on my WM5/6 phone (Cingular 8125 and Cingular 8525) and it works great.

One potential problem would be the "catchit" phrase that Sirius uses. The app would need to pull that down to the Nokia.

Thanks!