Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
hmm... installed "Resource Monitor" app from OVI Store... processes still not showing any excessive hogging... but memory usage looks suspicious:

what do You think, is this normal to have that many system memory used?

EDIT: /usr/bin/dbus-daemon process maybe gets unusually frequent on top of cpu usage... aha, there it goes that "smartsearch" up to 33%... ?

Last edited by Zelig; 2012-02-06 at 22:41.

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
hmm... installed "Resource Monitor" app from OVI Store... processes still not showing any excessive hogging... but memory usage looks suspicious:

what do You think, is this normal to have that many system memory used?

EDIT: /usr/bin/dbus-daemon process maybe gets unusually frequent on top of cpu usage... aha, there it goes that "smartsearch" up to 33%... ?
Forget RAM, OS will take care it ...

About Smartsearch, it should stop soon after restart (or after recharge by USB port) - it should disappear pretty soon ... if it does not disappear, then your problem is "Smartsearch" ...

It is not easy one to fix ... but there is probably a bug fix for it in PR 1.2

EDIT: CPU use of all processes should be almost all the time 0,00 % on idle state (= no open apps) ... well, you might see a process of Battery Usage with higher CPU usage ... and just on the beginning "Smartsearch" too (in a normal situation) ...

EDIT 2: if you can not see "Meegotouchhome" process there (making peaks regularly, every 2 seconds or so), then there is no point to move icons after every restart (laugh) ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-02-06 at 23:09.

yes, smartsearch disappeared after just a few seconds... I really don't know what to do but wait for PR1.2, hoping it will be solved... thanks, mate...

power saver mode activated (+ home screen icon added/removed) - Avg Idle Consumption: stable 101mA ... I'm delighted!

power saver mode activated (+ home screen icon added/removed) - Avg Idle Consumption: stable 101mA ... I'm delighted!
Are you kidding ? - you have a serious problem there ... a power save mode disable your internet connection (all background connections too), so I do not believe that you can be online in Skype any longer ... it is just a phone with a power save mode ...

You should be under 40 mA on idle state with 3G and Skype online ... without Skype, below 20 mA-level ... without 3G and Skype, below 10 mA

The Following User Says Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post:
no kidding - waited after the reboot for the OS startup to calm own, briefly plugged the charger to reset Battery Usage app... 101mA...

but then I've browsed thoroughly that #486 Harmattan bug thread regarding meegotouchhome process, although my "top" haven't been showing meegotouchhome to have frequent peeks during some 5-6 minutes I've been watching, let alone being constantly on the top... I haven't got right what Vaterix recommended me - I've been adding and removing apps onto homescreen - there I saw that bookmark icon had to be saved onto homescreen from within the browser, and then removed... et voila - idle fell down to 14mA, now 33mA, what is expected regarding 3g and Skype turned ON...

I've tried that small python script (auto add/remove homescreen bookmark each hour) that user "bnw" posted on the bug page ( https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/sho...cgi?id=486#c28 ) - it didn't work for me, at least not immediately, so I've uninstalled it - but I'm going to contact him about that, and maybe give it a second chance - could be worth of it...

I'll keep You posted... thanks, mate...

Last edited by Zelig; 2012-02-07 at 11:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
update:

2h from the last charging - Average idle consumption falling slowly from starting 60mA now at 47mA… bit higher than desired 35mA, but much better than 80-100+mA lately... 3G on, Skype logged in + one manual add/remove homescreen bookmark icon few minutes after unplugging the charger...

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
update:

2h from the last charging - Average idle consumption falling slowly from starting 60mA now at 47mA… bit higher than desired 35mA, but much better than 80-100+mA lately... 3G on, Skype logged in + one manual add/remove homescreen bookmark icon few minutes after unplugging the charger...
Figured I would chime in also about my idle usage. With 3G Only Mode + Skype logged in + Google Talk logged in + Gmail/Contact/Calendar set to push with Exchange, I see ~37mA idle drain. This is a lot better than what I used to get on my HTC Sensation which would be at best ~75-80mAh.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
I'm another N9 person with IDLE usage ~101mAh.

What I understand from reading this thread is to charge the phone normally, then after a few minutes after disconnecting from charging, add & then remove a bookmark (to the app screen).

I have nothing logged on, 3G on (& usually camera in stand-by).

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Sigh... How on earth did this turn into a thread about almost all the idle drain/consumption issues?
Keep that in the epic idle consumption thread, this one should be focused on the original discussion point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: