Active Topics

interesting thoughts about a possible future of MeeGo in this article... Nokia Appears to be Forking MeeGo for the Next Billion

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
currently have N900, sgs, and sony erricson experia ray, but 1st choice is always my N900, looooveee it,

just need hardware upgrade, oh N950 when will you come,

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
just need hardware upgrade, oh N950 when will you come,

Why, the hw's terrible for you, you wouldn't like it, not enough p0w3r.

Besides, if you'd bothered to do enough careful research...
You'd know that the N9's arguably better overall, N950's weaker in several (small) ways.
Search for the comparison threads....

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
not about that, the system itself, i need keyboard built-in, (for some reason)

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
interesting thoughts about a possible future of MeeGo in this article... Nokia Appears to be Forking MeeGo for the Next Billion
That article was a bunch of poo and speculations. But who cares anymore? Android has clearly won the "OS war". The "Next Billion" is still only a wet dream for Nokia. Meltemi is something Nokia hardly mention any longer.

IMO the "next billion" is nonsense. Making a wast ecosystem based on devices that are so low on HP they are not able to run real apps? I mean please. The moment Samsung/ZTE/Huawei/Motorola/Sony/HTC delivers somewhat comparable Android devices at somewhat comparable prices, the "next billion" is blown away from the face of this earth.

What the "next billion" want are cheap Android devices. And once again, what is important for Nokia is not to give people what they want, but instead to push something that would fit some internal Nokia strategy mumbo jumbo for the "amusement" of Nokia management. Nokia would be much better off sacking everybody from middle management and up, and let only lead engineers and top sales people run the show for a couple of years.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
While I don't agree with much of what you're saying, & find it to be overly simplistic.
I do agree that the article was totally clueless, there's more accurate/informed commentary in the comments.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-04 at 12:33. Reason: typo

yesterday almost people hail symbian, today is for android or maybe iOS, who know about the future? but yesterday, today and tomorrow i still prefer maemo,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
While I don't agree with the overly simplistic sentiment of much of what you're saying.
I do agree that the article was utterly clueless, there's more accurate/informed commentary in the comments.
Nokia may very well survive with their Lumias. It seems people like them. For the average person choosing between Lumia 800 and the N9, the Lumia 800 would win 9 out of 10 times. But the contest is not between the Lumia 800 and the N9, it is between the Lumia 800 and dozens of very capable Androids from all other manufacturers - and the iPhone. The contest is also between the N9 and a dozens of Androids.

According to Nokia management though, they see competition between the Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 and N9. They see competition between Lumia 710 and 610. They see competition between N8 and 808. They see competition between 808 and yet to be developed Lumia cameramonsters (that may never come in any case due to restriction in WP).

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
Nokia N9 will live forever no other will take its wrightfull place on the throne nor will it ever be superseded by another as the N9 is and will Allways be here and it will go down in history as the phone of the people's choice and nobody can ever change that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
Nokia N9 will live forever no other will take its wrightfull place on the throne nor will it ever be superseded by another as the N9 is and will Allways be here and it will go down in history as the phone of the people's choice and nobody can ever change that.
LOL You are not real. Not real at all