Active Topics

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
So, there went something wrong on my N9, and now I want to connect it via my PC so I can ssh to it. I can't get into it anymore physically (but I can tap 'SDK mode'). Now, if I try to ssh into 192.168.2.15 I have to login. I thought it was user root pass rootme. But it doesn't work, and I don't have a password on ther user account... Does anybody know how I can ssh into my phone?

I want to do a reflash as a last option, since I'll lose all my mails...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
SDK mode is just like doing a SSH in so I think you have never enabled SSH?

To retrieve data you can of course use fix malf method or juicme's telnet implementation

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
How about just opening terminal on the device and setting user's password? Or do you have some problem also with the terminal?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
How about just opening terminal on the device and setting user's password? Or do you have some problem also with the terminal?
Well, I tried to enable a theme (FDB), and didn't realize that the fdb folder MUST be in ~/MyDocs , not in any other folder. So, when I ran the script, there were lots of cp errors, which I couldn't read because the device rebooted too fast, neither I could press ctrl-c... So now I'm stuck on the boot animation, I guess because it can't find the boot video. I want to restore the default theme with the 'default.sh' script via SSH, and that's the problem...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
Well, I tried to enable a theme (FDB), and didn't realize that the fdb folder MUST be in ~/MyDocs , not in any other folder. So, when I ran the script, there were lots of cp errors, which I couldn't read because the device rebooted too fast, neither I could press ctrl-c... So now I'm stuck on the boot animation, I guess because it can't find the boot video. I want to restore the default theme with the 'default.sh' script via SSH, and that's the problem...
You can try via the default.sh script but if your device can't SSH in and you are going to mount it then just replace your base and blanco folders with fresh ones...

If you want clean folders you can get them as .zip from my db:
Base
Blanco

Also that thread has clear instructions as well as .debs if you are unsure of using the script; it helps to go thru' it first

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
So, do I understand correctly that you have broken the UI of the device, so the device keeps displaying the spinner in the boot animation, not able to proceed to phone UI?

In that case, you really need to boot up the device in maintanance mode.
There are basically 2 ways to do that, either use the FIX_MALF mode which exports the device partitions to an external computer or use my maintanace console which allows you to telnet in the device and fix that by either correcting the problem from shell or similarily exporting the partitions to an external computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So, do I understand correctly that you have broken the UI of the device, so the device keeps displaying the spinner in the boot animation, not able to proceed to phone UI?

In that case, you really need to boot up the device in maintanance mode.
There are basically 2 ways to do that, either use the FIX_MALF mode which exports the device partitions to an external computer or use my maintanace console which allows you to telnet in the device and fix that by either correcting the problem from shell or similarily exporting the partitions to an external computer.
Correct, I'll try your option to telnet into the device first, then the FIX_MALF, thanks!

@td:
Maybe I could better not run it from a different path

Last edited by tiempjuuh; 2013-01-11 at 12:52.