Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've observed other thing, while using charging during hostmode. Randomly, devices connected to USB and powered externally, may become "unavailable" - only re-enabling vbus and enumerating (and boostoff/charge, if we want to charge while hostmode again) fixes that. It's hard to reproduce - sometimes, it happens few times during a 30 minutes, other day You don't get any problems for hours.

I've experienced this using very low-current devices (like generic USB keyboard), and on very reliable power sources - in fact, tested this with whole range, from regular 5V 2A ones, through stabilized ones, to ATX's modified to serve as power sources.

Talking about keyboard, when it happens, no LED's (like caps lock) works, device is literally disconnected on software level.

joerg_rw, any clues? It isn't high priority problem (well, unless it happens also with externally powered HDDs, during file transfer...) and I can live with that. Still, I would like to make it more reliable, if it's possible.

// Edit

Of course everything was done through Y-cable, so faulty powered HUB is filtered out.

Might be related to bus suspend. Enable full debugging (sorry I can't recall off top of my head what you may want to do besides dmesg -n 6 or sth - even this might be nonsense) and see if you can find correlations between the moment the kbd becomes unavailable and any msgs in syslog/dmesg. Basically I'd think USB bus shouldn't suspend, but seems it does and maybe this causes peripheral to not come back up unless power gets cycled, or even musb_hdrc freaks out or locks up.
logs, logs, logs - or there's just so much that can be done.

thanks for reporting
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
check for consecutive
twl4030_usb .......HW_CONDITIONS ... LINK 1
twl4030_usb .......HW_CONDITIONS ... LINK 2

in dmesg list.
this mean drop ( glitch ) of vbus below a valid value and phy will ... "go in the bush"
without vbus, the phy loose host mode, resulting hadware and software level missfit

Last edited by blue_led; 2011-10-25 at 22:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
@joerg_rw
Will do, and report back

Originally Posted by blue_led View Post
check for consecutive
twl4030_usb .......HW_CONDITIONS ... LINK 1
twl4030_usb .......HW_CONDITIONS ... LINK 2

in dmesg list.
this mean drop ( glitch ) of vbus below a valid value and phy will ... "go in the bush"
without vbus, the phy loose host mode, resulting hadware and software level missfit
sorry if I'm gonna say total nonsense, but isn't vbus value drop irrelevant, if I'm using external power source, with boostoff executed? Or we're talking about totally different things, and I'm indeed talking nonsense?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
sorry if I'm gonna say total nonsense, but isn't vbus value drop irrelevant, if I'm using external power source, with boostoff executed? Or we're talking about totally different things, and I'm indeed talking nonsense?

/Estel
Well, yes and no. Yes, vbus value (actually voltage) drop should not happen when you're on a stable external power source. No, it's not irrelevant as it actually will mess up things if voltage drops nevertheless (for whatever reasons), and you can check for that in the way blue_led explained.

/j

@mod: could you move the last 3 posts to http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65232 please? Thanks! :-D

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-10-27 at 00:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
after installing CSSU, H-E-N stops working

Negative. No problem with HEN and CSSU here.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
i compiled cd drivers for power_kernel_47
cdrom.ko, sr_mod.ko ( see attachment )

generic how to http://wiki.maemo.org/USB_CDROM

sg.ko is not mandatory
cdrom node is /dev/sr0

mount /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom -t iso9660
or mount /dev/sr0 /cdrom -t iso9660 ( alternate location, work fine )
Attached Files
File Type: zip cd_drivers.zip (26.0 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by blue_led; 2011-10-31 at 18:44.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Using kp49 and HEN with augmented booston by joerg_rw, I've tried connecting my DVD-RW writer (desktop PC internal one), via (S)ATA to USB adapter (with external power source for writer). HEN recognizes and enumerates device without problem (latest dmesg message is:
Code:
[ 9841.854827] scsi 13:0:0:0: CD-ROM            ATAPI    DVD DD 2X16X4X16 G7H9 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
Ho ever, I got troubles mounting it. Of course, auto-mounting doesn't work, but while trying to mount it manually, I can't find sr* under /dev/. So, basically, I've no idea what to mount.

Also, unlike - for example - pendrives and HDD's, dmesg doesn't show any info about /dev/ (after connecting pendrive, one line says "[sda] sda1" or something like that.

Any hints, how to get access to my data on optical drive, connected via such setup?

---

Additional question, hence I left it alone until I can actually get working read access - any way of using writing capabilities of DVD recorder (via program under Easy Debian, for example - but, what about drivers? I've no idea, if current kernel-modules support writing).

Thanks in advance.

/Estel

// Edit

It turned out, that using kp49, i don't have cdrom.ko, sr_mod.ko and sg.ko modules (same situation, as with kp47). thanks for blue_led about pointing me about checking that. Will leave info in kp49 thread.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2011-12-20 at 23:40.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
Hi to all! I have a problem mounting hard drives with 2 partitions (both NTFS). They're not recognized.
Is it a common issue?

hi. am newbie guys. can anyone help me out?

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise