Active Topics

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Hi,

I'm interested in getting my N900 housing custom painted to a very shiny glossy white color.

But rather than messing with my original N900 housing, I thought
I would buy the white N900 housing from the link below and get it repainted to a smooth, shiny, premium white finish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Full-New-Facep...item3a65289927

What I want is all of the parts in the above link fully painted to a very shiny, glossy premium white colour, exactly like the piano black finish of the iPhone 4, but obviously in white, including the chrome bezel as well (god knows why its chrome?!). The only part I would like to remain un touched are the keyboard buttons, just leave them as they are in black, would be a nice contrast imo and also too difficult to paint. (Paint the white bit around the keyboard buttons for sure! Just not the buttons themselves!)

Does anyone know of any places or websites who's services I can hire to do this for me? Or does anyone on this forum have the skills to do such a job as this?

I will obviously glady pay for the services, enough so that the cost of materials are covered and the individual or company involved can make a decent profit as well.

I plan on keeping my N900 for a very long time, so external customization is needed!

P.S Glossy white will look amazing with my tweaked Awoken Fusion iOS them!

Last edited by Prozac786; 2011-04-22 at 18:57.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
I'm sure someone you know who paints cars for a living can paint it for you. Or any paintshop can do it for easy cash just give them instructions which they should paint or not. or you can take it to an R/C shop, those that paint r/c cars and scale models. they can help too.

If it's any help lol I just painted my otterbox case hehe, someday i will also have someone paint the actual casing

The Following User Says Thank You to riceboy For This Useful Post:
most people take them to an auto body shop. give it a try!

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
yeah dude, post pics when you have it done. i'd been waiting for someone to paint an N900 for the longest time

Alright I'll see what I can find and keep you guys updated

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
a car shop will probably laugh @ U...

best bet is probably a hobby shop or like riceboy said an R/C shop

I've contacted a few now, let's see their response. Maybe I will even go about it my self and test it out

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland

This one I saw earlier:
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/gallery/28024536

These I also saw just now:
http://www.ecaseshop.com/advanced_se...ea1d70&x=0&y=0

I'd imagine the golden one would be an interesting choice for painting as it might introduce a "pearl effect"...
The chrome parts would have to be sanded with some really fine paper for painting though, but that shouldn't be too difficult, at least as those don't look like they introduce the transparent plastic covering the display?

Last edited by Aonsaithya; 2011-04-23 at 18:59.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Kawasaki Green!!
This Colour:

Last edited by kingoddball; 2011-04-24 at 04:27.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
If you really want to trick out your case try to find someone who uses alsa. Most custom graphic shops for motorcycle helmets or airbrush guys would be a good place.

http://alsacorp.com/index.htm