Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
Have you encountered similar crushes with any other app?
no, nothing like waze. i had fmobi not running before but i fixed installing mcsp and qt-declarative

why waze wont work is really a mistery!

ps:i have Navit installed from this repo(http://bokomoko.de/~rd/maemo/) , can be a problem?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
I've not tested it a lot, but it seems to me that it crashes more often than in previous version.
Thanks for keeping N900 version updated!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
@gianko: navit should have such effects...

@strange1712: i havnt done any deep changes in the last 3 releases... Anyway, i will rewrite the network layer in next release which should make it a little more stable (i estimate it as a month of nightly work - so it might take some time).

would anyone be intersted with a feature that autorestart waze on crash?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
@gianko: navit should have such effects...

@strange1712: i havnt done any deep changes in the last 3 releases... Anyway, i will rewrite the network layer in next release which should make it a little more stable (i estimate it as a month of nightly work - so it might take some time).

would anyone be intersted with a feature that autorestart waze on crash?
uninstalled Navit; still same error with waze

why is it i can't search for an address and see it's location without an existing connection although I've downloaded the map (App crashes every time)

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mr.vimes View Post
why is it i can't search for an address and see it's location without an existing connection although I've downloaded the map (App crashes every time)
waze changed it in version 1.8 and disabled offline search. Actually, they have disabled most of the offline features. The only reason they allow to download the map is to lower 3g data usage. Currently waze (the original project) dont allow offline mode. I did not implemented the restriction. Since the code for offline search still exists (yet never called), i can add support for it, but other things might break because of it. As far as i know, the navigation require to be online anyway...

on another note: i am extending the supported platforms and will add support for debian/ubuntu/linuxmint. Debs for them in about 2 weeks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
damagedspline, a small feature request - can you prevent the screen from automatically turning off when the app is running? or maybe do it only when the device is plugged-in or even maybe allow the user to choose.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
The option is already there, change the Backlight setting to on.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Have you encountered similar crushes with any other app?
if can be of any help... i got errors while tring to use QML gui with qt_qpainter in Navit, like

navit: plugin_load: can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so', Error '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV14EmbeddedWidget'

so i used internal gui of navit and gtk_drawing_area

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
v0.0.6 is out - see first post
Picked up v0.0.6 via OTA update this AM. My N900 is running CSSU at 900Mhz.

Made trip to office this AM with 2D voice navigation max. Repeatedly ignored route directions forcing reroute - no problems encountered.

Cannot touch the Favorites/Contacts functions without crash.

Best navigation app for N900! Thank you.

Wish list: A way to get to the Task Switcher without Ctrl-Backspace,