Notices

is anyone else having problem connecting to skype lately on their n900? i have been geting the error failed to authenticate these 2 days. was working before. i can even log in to my skype account online and my pc.

This seems to be known problem.

Try logging to another Skype account, log out and then login again using the original account/password.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toronto
is the skype application on the N900? If it is, where would it be? I can't seem to find it.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
Originally Posted by babilonian View Post
is the skype application on the N900? If it is, where would it be? I can't seem to find it.
go to settings > Voip and IM accounts

click new

once logged in it will show up as a little green dot. Your contacts will be merged into your phone contacts. I am still getting used to that.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toronto
tried that, but its not allowing me to login...says user name or pass is incorrect.....i've reset it once already and still same problem...
any ideas?

Im getting exactly the same problem. I also reset the password but it still fails.

Same problem too :-(

Today Skype didn't work on my N900 until a couple of hours ago, for some reason. Now it's OK. During the same period it still worked fine on my N800. Maybe skype.com had an intermittent problem only affecting N900 clients?

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
I've this same problem too .