Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
As far as I can remeber it was possible to add internet radio stations manually on N97 (Internet Radio app by Nokia) - can't figure out if there was a way to do that in Nokia N9 (now called both, IPRadio and Internet Radio, by Nokia)... ?

there are two links I'd like to add:
Low-bitrate (aacPlus@48kbps)
Stream URL: http://161.53.122.22:8000/aacPlus48.aac
High-bitrate (AAC@128kbps)
Stream URL: http://161.53.122.22:8000/AAC128.aac

... any idea appreciated...

[tw] @kegnatz

Nokia Internet Radio uses TuneIn services to retrieve stations. I guess you can contact them to get those added. Check here.

[Advertisement]You may also use Internet Radio Player to play those streams, it uses a local database and has a 10bands equalizer[/Advertisement]

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
thanks, mate - I'll try with TuneIn...

Wow, nice app You've made! Been delighted when I saw BBC streams, but they don't work ... they are known to change direct links to streams each now and then ...

[tw] @kegnatz

Great App gionni88!

You can use this app in conjunction with the php scripts I've put together here:
honeyball.com/radio

What happened to the Nokia IP radio? it seems to have been removed. Also. Is it possible to install it on the N9 after Nokia removed it from the shop? someone has a deb file? I have it on my N9 phone but want to install it on my fathers N9 but then realized it doesnt exist any more !! Why remove it? it seems a bit Microsoftish, or cruel.

I see Giovanni Grammatico has made a web radio, i might try that one.

Last edited by Halus; 2014-02-15 at 13:45.

Giovanni's software seems to not be available anymore. Someone has a deb file for the nokia internet radio?

Hmm, maybe the Giovanni software now is the same as the one that is available on nokia shop now. It's nice too, but only has a few channels, would be nice with one i could use to listen to any radio station. Anyway, nice work done by Giovanni.

Nokia seems to have become a quite dead company and has no longer the ability to support it's customers. Sad. Guess Android and Apple is the way to go from here. And possibly sailfish.

Any chance i can clone the entire content of a N9 and put it in another N9 and the programs will work? including nokia IP Radio.

If i would use a regular PC-tool to close the content of the N9 and put it in another N9, would it work? would there be serial number issues? would all of the content be copied.

I cannot use the built in backup software in the N9 since it doesn't backup software.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Halus View Post
What happened to the Nokia IP radio? it seems to have been removed. Also. Is it possible to install it on the N9 after Nokia removed it from the shop? someone has a deb file? I have it on my N9 phone but want to install it on my fathers N9 but then realized it doesnt exist any more !! Why remove it? it seems a bit Microsoftish, or cruel.

I see Giovanni Grammatico has made a web radio, i might try that one.
If you have internet radio from nokia installed on your N9, open nokiastore from webbrowser on pc, login and go to own stuff and download app manually (it's free app) to pc.

store.ovi.com/content/217338/download

Worked for me this week.

Last edited by MarcAnton; 2014-02-15 at 16:56.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
I canīt find them on openrepos either. To bad, would love to see Internet Radio Player on SailfishOS!

Originally Posted by MarcAnton View Post
If you have internet radio from nokia installed on your N9, open nokiastore from webbrowser on pc, login and go to own stuff and download app manually (it's free app) to pc.

store.ovi.com/content/217338/download

Worked for me this week.
Thanks! I was able to download it! I also noticed the Nokia IPRadio on the repository, but did not have the chance yet to try to install it on my fathers phone. I will try:
devel-su
rootme (password)
dpkg -i ipradio-ui
sudo apt-get install -f