Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
when i watch youtube with fullscreen mode. What are those screen settings? Three differend mode? Thanks

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I don't think there's any way to do that. Both applications honour the tracker, so it's all or nothing.
There might be. If you were to save the files to a hidden directory, media player wouldn't find them. But your app would still know where they are and could show them.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by impact View Post
There might be. If you were to save the files to a hidden directory, media player wouldn't find them. But your app would still know where they are and could show them.
If the files are stored in a hidden directory, they cannot be shown in cuteTube as it uses QDocumentGalleryModel to list them, which in turn uses the tracker.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by Glavata View Post
Playing a video over 3G is almost impossible for me. It keeps stopping to rebuffer every 2-3 seconds. When I use the normal N9 bookmark of youtube (same video) it plays fine without needing to rebuffer. What can be causing this? My 3G speed is fairly good, above 1000kbps. Wifi at home I have no problems either with cuteTube.

In settings I have set download quality to 360p (but that is for actually downloading the clip, not playing it).
The N9 YouTube player uses the mobile site, which I expect provides a lower quality stream, and thus a lower bitrate. Buffering will always be caused by internet connection issues. The only difference is in how the player deals with it. The QML Video plugin is not configurable in this regard, so I cannot increase the buffer size.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by vihru View Post
when i watch youtube with fullscreen mode. What are those screen settings? Three differend mode? Thanks
They are for changing the aspect ratio. If the original aspect ratio matches that of the display, they won't have any noticeable effect. Sometimes videos are uploaded with an incorrect aspect ratio, so it's useful to have the setting for those cases.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
This is an unfortunate situation. Can we start a donation system or similar for you to buy another N900, or for some other solution to testing this on non-CSSU N900?
The necessary changes should only involve a few lines of QML code. I will probably release standalone debian packages for people to test. Once the changes are verified as being successful, I can push them to extras-devel and then extras-testing. At the moment, I'm not willing to push the latest version to extras-testing, because of the issues with stock Maemo5. I'd like to change that in the near future.

My website

GitHub

Version 1.3.0 will be in extras-devel soon.

Changelog:

* Added option to show related videos when playback is finished.
* Added option to share videos via email.
* Larger thumbnails in video lists.
* Configurable scrolling speed.
* Small UI tweaks.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Marxian, was that the update made available one or 2 days ago? It showed as update

Btw, do you intend to put up the Open Video Player in the Store? If you do, I'm sure quite a number of us would buy it.

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Marxian, was that the update made available one or 2 days ago? It showed as update
No, this thread is for the N900 version. There is a separate thread for the N9 version in the MeeGo-Harmattan subsection, though I would prefer support requests for that to be made via email. There is less risk of me missing something, and as a Nokia Store publisher I have an obligation to respond to all emails.

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Btw, do you intend to put up the Open Video Player in the Store? If you do, I'm sure quite a number of us would buy it.
I'm no longer working on Open Video Player as it relies on APIs that I consider to be fundamentally broken. I've had my fill of problems with the QML Video plugin. It can't even play all videos that can be played in the stock video player, and has become unstable in PR1.2. I'm staying away from multimedia for my future Qt projects.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
No, this thread is for the N900 version. There is a separate thread for the N9 version in the MeeGo-Harmattan subsection, though I would prefer support requests for that to be made via email. There is less risk of me missing something, and as a Nokia Store publisher I have an obligation to respond to all emails.

I'm no longer working on Open Video Player as it relies on APIs that I consider to be fundamentally broken. I've had my fill of problems with the QML Video plugin. It can't even play all videos that can be played in the stock video player, and has become unstable in PR1.2. I'm staying away from multimedia for my future Qt projects.
Yesterday I purchased Cute Tube 1.1.1 for my N9,, Is that the latest version or do I need any add ons??

Also, when I try to sign into My Chanel, it kicks me back to the opening window of Cute Tube... ??

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube