Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Browser (microB)
The protrait mode is really useable, including those UI things like swiping in from the left and right. Thank you!
@demolition, what are those UI swiping in from left and right? I cannot find info about them and my MicroB do not react on any swipes, other from standards of course - history and pointer, which reacts only in landscape mode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lidow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Well, I'm not seeing that. Also, this is Linux. What's with the constant talk about reflashing? That's like the Microsoft way of solving things. I haven't reflashed my N900 since I got it back in 2010, and I've done some crazy **** with it.
idem dito, never reflashed the phone; sometimes came very close, but so far so good !

Last edited by wimmme; 2012-01-21 at 12:53.

any possibility of switching from testing to stable release without flashing?

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
What might be more sad is what the community he contributed to turned out to be when he disappeared to handle some life bumps, anyway, this'd turn to an argument if it goes on *pulls plug on this discussion*

My MIA made me consider things to prevent more of this every time I have an exam at uni (every three months).

I've created a public/private key combo which I added to my garage account, these can be used to upload packages as me.
I trusted merlin1991 with the keys since he's familiar with uploading to CSSU Stable.
If and when I go MIA again, an email would be sent to me, if I don't reply within 24h, merlin1991 would push an update with my account using those keys.

Sorry about all this, hopefully it won't happen again.
Muhammad A G thanks for all your hard work honestly i really appreciatte it my n900 is what it is today because of genius, unselfish, dedicated people like you even though there are only handful who actually give so much time and effort to make things better in return for nothing for free for no money gains in this day and time that to me is amazing! i clearly understand everyone has personnal life personnal commitments and personnal problems and to be honest they come first sort those out first they are priority take your time as you already done more than enough to make n900 from a rubbish slow unusable irritating annoying device into a great cool amazing device so thanks a million Muhammad A G! Dont worry about some people who left or leave you negative comments they are just emotional and sad because they thought they lost a brilliant gem you and just got upset and upsetted you! I'm sorry for any hurt it might have caused you but please dont feel bad but fell good that there are hundreds and thousands of people who really appreciate all your hard work!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romiiio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lidow View Post
@demolition, what are those UI swiping in from left and right? I cannot find info about them and my MicroB do not react on any swipes, other from standards of course - history and pointer, which reacts only in landscape mode.
IIRC the swiping function of MicroB is present from the day one you got it, and you can use the swiping function although since the stock N900 has no portrait mode, swiping all the way from one side of the screen to the other is too hasslesome...

You start by putting your finger at one side of the screen and swipe the entire screen to the other. Note that you have to cover the whole screen (as in literally from edge to edge) and not just a portion of it for it to work.

As to what it does, here goes some nifty functions:
  • Using your finger and making twirls on the screen: Zoom.
    • Clockwise motion: zoom in.
    • Anti-clockwise: zoom out.
  • Swiping the screen from left to right: Brings out a mouse pointer in which if toggled, you can use it to select text. Useful when you have a large body of text you would like to highlight and copy.
  • Swiping from right to left: Opens up your browsing history.

Originally Posted by FlameReaper View Post
You start by putting your finger at one side of the screen and swipe the entire screen to the other. Note that you have to cover the whole screen (as in literally from edge to edge) and not just a portion of it for it to work.
[*]Swiping the screen from left to right: Brings out a mouse pointer in which if toggled, you can use it to select text. Useful when you have a large body of text you would like to highlight and copy.[*]Swiping from right to left: Opens up your browsing history.[/LIST]
Swiping from left to right has never brought out any POINTER for me since i updated to PR 1.3. (even b4 i upgraded to CSSU , kernel 42 then kernel 49. Swiping the other way works though, brings up the browser history..

The Following User Says Thank You to zzzchainzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
It works if u pay your attention on putting your finger directly on the Tochscreen (the black 'bar' instead on cover if u are in portrait mode) and swipe from left to right. You could try it with your stylus pen first.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Hildon Desktop / Device UI
One of the best features of the CSSU, right from the beginning has been the ability to toggle UI editing state. The default state is editable so it's really easy to accidently move or delete things on one of the desktop screens. The CSSU made it possible to "lock-down" the UI, which was a massive improvement.
There are some things I'd like to know...
- When the state is un-editable, is it possible to turn off the little gear-wheel that pops up when a blank bit of the desktop is clicked?
AFAIK there is no way of disable the editing mode in hildon-home (aka desktops/widgets) would be a nice and doable feature tho.

I think cssu team should consider make this editing state configurable via Gconf like the editing mode in the menu (aka hildon-desktop/breaking apmefo and catorise).

demolition:
It wasn't overly clear in the post you quoted but the problem only started when CSSU was updated. Battery still seems to be going okay with current setup.

ed_boner:
Have you tried looking at the battery output from lshal/ /sys entries. AS has been stated already, batteries deteriorate yada.. yada.. Fully charge the device and find the entries for the design charge and current charge which IIRC are in mWh. If you are still getting the 85% reading, compare it to current/design*100.

zzzchainzzz:
Try to aim slightly above the address bar. It works okay but seems quite sensitive as to where you need to swipe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Harick View Post
AFAIK there is no way of disable the editing mode in hildon-home (aka desktops/widgets) would be a nice and doable feature tho.

I think cssu team should consider make this editing state configurable via Gconf like the editing mode in the menu (aka hildon-desktop/breaking apmefo and catorise).
It is available, just not properly documented..

To disable:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/disable_edit -t bool true
Easier way:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Image:CSSUfeat...ion_main2p.png

EDIT: just added the info in the wiki

Last edited by Saturn; 2012-01-21 at 19:58.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing