Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Rogatti View Post
-
-
hello fcrochik great to app ...
-
GPS fixed set a bit slow ... p.ex: cloudGPS fixed GPS much faster ..
I don't know if cloudGPS does anything different...

I am just using the "public qml api" and there are no settings that I can change... It is a little odd that the time the GPS takes to fix the position would be affected by what application is requesting it but I am not expert...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I had the wrong "default settings" so it is not a very good experience starting for the first time - version 0.0.2 will fix that.

p.s. I wouldn't take all your money - that just wouldn't be nice of me!!!

But just in case this is a link to make donations using paypal
Ya I noticed a few other options for mapping but yours hit home with me as most similar feeling to Google Maps on my N8 and I miss it sooooo much. Your menu is Funky, can't say I'm a huge fan, maybe the colours/logos could be nicer. I trust speed can be optimized. Can't wait to get out on the road and give it a real try. I look forward to future developments.... like let me log in to get My Maps!

Last edited by Ynohtna; 2012-06-19 at 06:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ynohtna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
That is very strange .... is the "parabolic icon" checked? You may have disabled the "GPS" by clicking on the "manual position".

If that is not the case make sure to check your current position using some other application - I can't quite see how the GPS would report a different position to two different applications.

Keep us posted... this is "interesting"
Well to be fair i wasnt outside! but i assumed it would still locate me? like the maps app does?

Originally Posted by Ynohtna View Post
Ya I noticed a few other options for mapping but yours hit home with me as most similar feeling to Google Maps on my N8 and I miss it sooooo much.
I have to say that I think the navigation on the Nokia phones is pretty good but what happened to me several times is that I couldn't find a "business" (by name or category) and since I got lost following directions more than once I really wanted to have a textual description of the path.

Your menu is Funky, can't say I'm a huge fan, maybe the colours/logos could be nicer.
How do you feel about "how it works"? I wanted to have all the options accessible and easy to find. I do agree with about "how it looks". The color came from promising my daughter a purple application. The icons I created myself and clearly is not my "best skill" ... If anybody wants to come up with a new (complete) set of icons and is willing to "donate it" I will change the code to support multiple skins.

I trust speed can be optimized. Can't wait to get out on the road and give it a real try.
I really don't know how much the performance can be optimized. I have to say that I am quite disappointed now that I have the application working on a Symbian - the pan and zoom is much quicker. I guess our hope is to use Qt5 (the standard browser on our harmattan uses Webkit2 but the one available to Qt is not and, probably, not as nearly as optimized for the device. With Qt5 I should be able to use WebKit2 for the application as well).

On the navigation: first of all be careful! While I was testing the application I almost got into an accident. I don't think it is good/ready enough for navigation while driving. Google maps license prevent me from really making it into a turn-by-turn navigation. The best I could do "within the lines" is make the "center button" try to automatically select the step you are in but you have to press it every time

I look forward to future developments.... like let me log in to get My Maps!
I have never used the "my maps". What is it about? Another common request is the "street view". I really don't know when I will find the time but I will try...

BTW, Thank you very much for your donation.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
Well to be fair i wasnt outside! but i assumed it would still locate me? like the maps app does?
Give it another go and let us know. I am not looking for an excuse but I don't quite see how the application would affect the time it takes to fix... this is all done by the "device"

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Aaaa - Wow.
Fantastic integration with nokia maps. Hopefully, I'm going to test it in a couple of days, so thanks.

I have to say that I think the navigation on the Nokia phones is pretty good but what happened to me several times is that I couldn't find a "business" (by name or category) and since I got lost following directions more than once I really wanted to have a textual description of the path.
Exactly my same frustration with Nokia Maps, the search, even online search, is no where close to Google for my North American (Canada) needs. So in cases where I need navigation, the integration to maps is brilliant Traffic is way better on google too but I only use that in areas I know very well.

How do you feel about "how it works"? I wanted to have all the options accessible and easy to find. I do agree with about "how it looks". The color came from promising my daughter a purple application.
LOL on the purple. Ok forgiven. I have a 2.5 year old. I need to actually use it more in real life to have a better feeling of how the menu works... I'm thinking the buttons need to be bigger for reaching to push the buttons while it's mounted on the dash for example.

On the navigation: first of all be careful! While I was testing the application I almost got into an accident.
I'm not really that interested to use this for navigation. I do wonder if the center button might be better suited in the bottom left corner instead of left middle. I'm sure you've played around with it a lot though and the fact if you use it landscape blah blah...

I have never used the "my maps". What is it about? Another common request is the "street view". I really don't know when I will find the time but I will try...
My Maps are basically custom POI. Like I have a map with friends and family addresses. If I'm in someone's town, I can load up that map and quickly get to their location and not worry about look up the address and address search.

I have maps for my vacation destinations where I research all I need and put it in a personal Map... though normally I would use nokia maps cause of offline mode for vacations.

BTW, Thank you very much for your donation.
sorry "all my monies" was so underwhelming

Brilliant app!

One request - could we have an arrow indicating direction instead of a red pin - it is very useful to know which direction you are facing so you walk in the right direction

Hi, I remember that while I am using PR1.2, it will launch Nokia Drive but now after upgrade to PR1.3, it launches Nokia Map instead.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Hi, I remember that while I am using PR1.2, it will launch Nokia Drive but now after upgrade to PR1.3, it launches Nokia Map instead.
It is possible but I really can't confirm or deny (don't remember!)

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: