Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
@ w00t. I don't know about that. I think it's good to show the bits of progress you make because it shows that the platform is still alive, and it might encourage a few more people to test out the images or even contribute some code.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
w00t, please continue to post screenshots. I for one am very interested in Nemo, but not quite enough to make me reflash my N900, so rely on screenshots and videos to see how things are progressing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
First of all, thanks a lot w00t for all your work and keeping this thread alive.

Secondly, I take this as motivation to also post some screenshots of some work Nicola and me are doing. We are currently working on the qmlcalendar app.

Attached screenshots show the icon that displays the current day of month. This functionality is essentially based on thp's script for Harmattan and was adapted to work with Nemo as systemd service. Thanks again thp.

Furthermore, it is possible to switch between months by using a swipe gesture. That's what the last image is supposed to show. It is admittedly a little hard to see but this last image was taken while swiping from right to left.
Attached Images

Last edited by Wonko; 2012-07-24 at 10:35.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
w00t, please continue to post screenshots. I for one am very interested in Nemo, but not quite enough to make me reflash my N900, so rely on screenshots and videos to see how things are progressing.
I will still be posting. The main thought I have is - what state things should be in before posting. Right now, I'm treating this like a proper open source project: I'm posting things I work on, and others work on, perhaps before they're in a finished state (in the case of messaging, far from it: there's a lot to do).

This is good because it's accurate: here's what we have now - but it's not in a product-ready state at all. Far from it. And the criticism that it looks bad is totally correct.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Secondly, I take this as motivation to also post some screenshots of some work Nicola and me are doing. We are currently working on the qmlcalendar app.
Nice work on the calendar. I have some feedback for you guys - this may not apply as it looks like the version of calendar I have is a bit old (if you have something newer, remember to integrate it, so others can test! )

I think you should either lock orientation to portrait, or try do some work to adapt to a landscape layout, because right now, it's not that great.

Also, when panning across months, it might be nice to animate the movement of the month name, too.

BTW, what's your nick on IRC? Would be nice to know who I'm talking to :-)

Great work w00t and Wonko! Nemo is going very well!

I spent last night prototyping code sharing between applications on the platform. The end result is that the contacts application can now use the gallery's UI for picking avatars:

Not yet pushed to OBS, but it will be within the next day or so I guess...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Finland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I spent last night prototyping code sharing between applications on the platform. The end result is that the contacts application can now use the gallery's UI for picking avatars:

Not yet pushed to OBS, but it will be within the next day or so I guess...
Cool to see so much visible progress again. I'll definitely need to find my SD-card reader so that I can check the latest images on N900.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Thank you for the news about continuing development
I have tested almost every release of Meego Community Edition and Nemomobile. When we will be able to test that new stuff?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
It seems jolla has got people get more intrests in nemomobile

Great works guys