HI,

I am having a strange problem.

If I am making a call (blue arrow) or if I missed a call (red arrow), it keeps showing in phone calls / history after rebooting n900.

If I receive a call (green arrow), it keeps showing till I reboot.
As soon as I reboot, it shows all missed and dialed calls, but most of the received calls are not showing.

I checked manually in database el-v1.db, there I see events, groupcache, remotes etc table. but I could not find what is causing this problem.

There I see latest received record entry in events table with service_id 1, event_type_id 1 and outgoing 0. Also I see few entry in remotes table under for that particular received call number in remote_uid column.

Can anybody help me in finding the cause of this issue? which columns / tables are included or used to show call log / history? or what is the query that phone call / log is using?

Thanks

I wish to get an answer as this problem is preventing me from viewing latest received call history and deleting an existing el-v1.db is not feasible....

Hi all,

Its been a time anybody knows about the above issue. I am still facing this.

Or

Can anybody tell the exact query that is used to show the default phone call logs?

Its been a long time, and unfortunately no body come up with the query used by rtcom-call-ui

I am still looking for positive response.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Strange. If outgoing calls also would not update the db i would try to check for read-only file systems...
Did you check the permissions of this file
Code:
ls -al /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger

Yes, permissions are there already to read write, as I see from sqlite browser into el-v1.db, all calls logs (missed, received, dialled) are there.

But for some contacts, last received / dialled calls are not showing.

Thats why I am asking for the query to check what it is looking for in el-v1.db and why some calls are not showing in phone call ui.

Just in case, the permission on el-v1.db is
-rw------- 1 user users

Last edited by toughcanny; 2013-02-07 at 05:02.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Have you tried rebuilding the database?

Code:
cd /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger
sqlite3 el-v1.db .dump | sqlite3 el-v1.new.db
mv el-v1.db el-v1.db.backup
mv el-v1.new.db el-v1.db
reboot
I've found that at times the db can get corrupted or badly fragmented, and this fixes most issues (and nukes old cruft...) The new file is often significantly smaller than the old one, as it compacts it as it goes.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
yes, I tried rebuilding database, include the but unfortunately the issue itself is same.

the above code needs to include to change owner before reboot command as following

chmod user:users el-v1.db

otherwise, it was not accessible and phone logs and conversation was showing nothing

the problem goes only with the newly created empty database, but this is not the solution as all logs and conversation goes as well.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
You can actually run the command as user, in which case there is no need for a chmod.

As for keeping the logs, I generally keep a backup of my database with glogger, it's a reasonably stable app in the repos. It provides a way to archive all the data in that particular database in another file. It also creates CSV files, allows searches based on user, keywords, dates and several other filtering methods.