Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Hi friends,
Many things are added to the status menu like Toogles, Brightness control, Social notifications etc. And thats really great.

I was thinking more things can be added like this. The thing which I personally miss is access to the notifications from the Status bar like its in Androids and IOS.

What benefits we will get I am gonna try to explain here. Let suppose we are in some app and want to read the massage, we have to Swipe twice, one for getting out of app and 2nd for going to the Notifications home screen. And after finishing with Message, we have to Swipe to Multitasking home screen and then tap the app. But If we can access to notifications right from the status bar then no double swiping, just Tap the status bar, tap again the message notification, reply it and Swipe down to close and we will be right back in the app where we were before.
I dont know it can be done or not, or people like it or not, But from the Idea of adding things in status bar the 1st thing came in my mind is the notifications.
Thanks to all the developers for working hard for us. You all are great people.

Last edited by Ch.Saqib; 2012-06-18 at 13:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ch.Saqib For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
Hi, saqib, thats a brilliant idea you have suggested, my brother is using samsung galaxy3 which has lots of features in the status menu bar itself, like blootooth, power saving mode, wi-fi, flight mode etc. It would be really great if some one could manage and get this idea into reality. And i am sure one of you intelligent developers would definately come up with something like this for sure very soon. you all developers are really fabulas. thank you so much and keep doing great works..cheers

You wanna check this enhancement request I made Bug 590

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
post it on mt-toggle-menu , is that hard for searching?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
its quite weird for people to want this when the primary usp of the n9 is its simplicity. Imagine a status bar with all those toggles and notifications? How messy and crowded! After all notifications are only two swipes away!!
some people should really consider Android instead...

Edit: i meant the notifications added on to the status bar. the toggles are excellent but adding notifications would be a mess...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-06-18 at 15:56.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
its quite weird for people to want this when the primary usp of the n9 is its simplicity. Imagine a status bar with all those toggles and notifications? How messy and crowded! After all notifications are only two swipes away!!
some people should really consider Android instead...

Edit: i meant the notifications added on to the status bar. the toggles are excellent but adding notifications would be a mess...
You may be right in your opinion. But we have a choice that what we want to keep in status bar menu. Like I am using toggles and Social network updates. I am not using Brightness control and Alarm control from Status Menu. In the same way who among us want to have notifications menu from status bar may keep it. Also I think it will be the choice of users what notifications they want. Like all of them, just for messages etc.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

The Following User Says Thank You to Ch.Saqib For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Kristinehamn, Sweden
It actually might look great. Some people may like to have it on their devices for more speed and some may not. But in my opinion it would be a great opportunity to have that in terms of usability and fastness of this thing. I'm an enthusiast about this ability on my phone

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
whats next? Portable kitchen on harmattan?

nice idea, but i think thats not worth it, just opinion, no offense, i agree with toglle bar, but notification area on there gonna be messy,

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Milan,Italy
Yeah please add message and email notifications into status menu!

I would agree with thedead1440. Wouldn't prefer too many things on status bar. You would loose the simplicity of N9. I find the current status bar to be very minimal and clean, and like it that way :-)

Alternatively I have this solution in mind -
Use the swiping from edges to jump to any 3 homescreens ( Notifications, Apps, Running apps ).

Swipe from top edge - Notification screen
Swipe from right edge - Apps
Swipe from left edge - Running Apps
Swipe from bottom - Close current app

This way we can jump from anywhere to the three screens with minimum effort.

What say ??