Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
To whom is Hong Kong, Taiwan, China user, other chinese input will not be update until these country release device

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
To whom is Hong Kong, Taiwan, China user, other chinese input will not be update until these country release device

https://db.tt/ERxdgb49
wtf? So it would only be updated probably some time in Q1
Well, I hope they announce the release in Asian market in the upcoming MWC then.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
After yesterdays update, do others suffer from really long gallery application startup time? Mine takes forever to load

nope. my gallery starts up just fine.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
After yesterdays update, do others suffer from really long gallery application startup time? Mine takes forever to load
It might be slow in the beginning. But that should improve.
I don't think it's related to the update. I had the same issue with 1.0.2.5 after inserting a SD card with lots of photos and some movies.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by yabush View Post
wtf? So it would only be updated probably some time in Q1
Well, I hope they announce the release in Asian market in the upcoming MWC then.
In the article about Jolla on NYTimes mentioned in another thread there is this interesting bit:
“The biggest market for us is China,” said Mr. Pienimaki, adding that Jolla expects to start licensing its operating system and selling its handsets there by the second quarter of the year.
So... after all Jolla is still targeting China.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
After my first days with Jolla I felt kinda annoyed and sceptical - I had bigger expectations, was hoping that the product will be more polished, was "angry" that some really basic functionality is missing or the implementation is crappy and unreliable. After a week with 1.0.3.8 update I feel NOW I have a phone I can use daily, leaving my N9 in my backpack. Battery live now is great on Jolla(better than N900 and N9), I am not experiencing lock screen freezes any more, there is landscape in browser(eagerly waiting for it in messages/email!), everything just got substantially better. And that is only in the span of 2 (short)months! The pace Jolla crew is moving is simply amazing!
I just had a chance to take a look at Jolla's OS update close future roadmap - in 2-3 months we will have an OS that is on par with Android and iOS(if they manage to keep the pace)! Now I feel a lot more optimistic for the future of Jolla!
Thank you sailors!

Last edited by zlatko; 2014-02-07 at 14:36.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Why resetting a Jolla removes my installed latest firmwares? Do they need us to do all this again after reset?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
I too agree that daily use of the Jolla is becoming more comfortable and is now my preferred phone.

Trouble is I will need to buy a second phone to have a spare one to hack around

Richard

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
Why resetting a Jolla removes my installed latest firmwares? Do they need us to do all this again after reset?
Suppose you get a botched firmware upgrade. Considering that we didn't get (yet) a tool to 'flash' the firmware, I think it's good that we have a possibility to start from a really clean slate and retry it again (or do the upgrade differently).
Also, it actually takes the 'factory reset' more to the letter

Anyway, you can e.g. open a proposal on Together and ask to have e.g. two levels of reset (if that's possible, as it works with btrfs snapshots), one that wipes only users settings and another one that brings the device back to original f/w.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience