Has any one experienced the following problem?

Using the upgrade wizard, I flashed my N810 with OS 4.2008.36-5 (unfortunately, without first backing up my device). Apparently, this upgrade reinstalls the map application (the free basic map reading application, not the premium Wayfinder navigation application), but with only a 7-day trial license. So, now I can't use the map application any more.

What's the solution?

i think you are reading it wrong - you can still use the free app after your trial expires

The Following User Says Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
Thanks for commenting.

Yes, pocket map still works, sort of. I can use the default USA-West map, but I can't switch to another map, nor can I delete or add maps to the map directory in the internal memory.

In addition, if I try to download a map from Navicore, I get a license registration error.

download the maps from here http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...B/wfnavigator/

the instructions are on that page - i had the same problem as you (couldnt download maps) but i didnt have any problems switching maps. I'm not sure what 'pocket map' is - i assume you are referring to the default map application.

"nor can I delete or add maps to the map directory in the internal memory." i dont understand this statement. Use filemanager?

I've been in touch with a Nokia support person at Wayfinder. She sent me a new license code, and that fixed my download problem. This license code allows a 7-day trial of Wayfinder, thereafter the default map application (pocket map) will continue to work.

I was having problem adding or deleting maps to the internal memory using filemanager. The problem went away when I backed up, reformatted, and restored the internal memory. In retrospect, I think all my problems were caused by an internal memory failure (perhaps not such a rare occurrence with flash memory).

By the way, I can't say enough good things about the Nokia support at Wayfinder. This tech responded very quickly and went back and forth with me, replying six times, until the problem was fixed. Hands down the best technical support I have ever gotten.