I installed NITDroid auto installer. but i got failures... because multiboot (>= 0.2.8) application is not there. can any one send the link where i have to download the multiboot (>= 0.2.8). i searched in this site also. but its not there...... plz help me. if that application is there i can use 2 OS in my mobile...

hi ,

what are the dependencies for the automated installer. how we can install them before running the automated installer.

thanks

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
multiboot is in extras-devel, you need to enable the extras repositories.
Use
Code:
apt-get install -f
to fix missing dependencies. The nitdroid-installer does install a couple of things via apt-get also, you may read that in the installer script. If any interest, that is.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Updated manifest to use latest RC7 kernel

ANOTHER NEWBIE TUTORIAL FOR OFFLINE INSTALLING

I had problems with offline installing, i.e it didn't automatically find the files even when I put them in .nitdroid folder. So here is my way for offline installing.

NOTE: There is a NEWER VERSION of nitdroid-installer here, still not in repositories. But I haven't checked it. Maybe that is easier than this one, I haven't tried. However this one simply works.

Download N12_UMay.tar.bz2 from here and RC7 kernel from here (I didn't check the final1 kernel btw).
Put them in MyDocs (i.e 27 GiB "usb flash drive").

Create a file named nitdroid.manifest in the same MyDocs folder (if you're under windows make sure there isn't .txt extention there) with these contents:

Code:
# Root filesystem tar balls
rootfs		file:///home/user/MyDocs/N12_UMay.tar.bz2					a5846b46bce11bebbe3d3b0dab1663d6

# Deb packages
package		file:///home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb		22b5eb2a0047bf131898a90774a70912
Make sure the MD5 of the files you downloaded matches the ones in the nitdroid.manifest file.

You need rootsh for the apt-get and sudo gainroot commands below. Install it from app manager or transfer its deb file to your N900 and install it.

Do the rest on your N900.
Now install nitdroid-installer (sudo gainroot then apt-get install nitdroid-installer). It's in Extras-devel (read here). This installs version 2.6. Open the file /usr/bin/nitdroid-installer with your favorite editor and go to line 390. (My favorite editor was nano, so you'll do it this way: apt-get install nano then sudo gainroot then nano /usr/bin/nitdroid-installer then press Ctrl + Blue Arrow + G type 390 and ENTER. In those lines you see if !check_md5 $file blah blah blah. Comment the next 4 lines by putting # marks at the start of the line. So it should like:

Code:
#            if !check_md5 $file $sum
#            then
#                FAIL "blah blah blah"
#            fi
Don't touch the other lines.

Now you're ready. Have an SD card inserted, in the terminal type sudo gainroot then nitdroid-installer file:///home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid.manifest (notice 3 slashes) and answer YES in upper case and enjoy.

Last edited by Hossein; 2012-09-21 at 11:17.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by Hossein View Post
NOTE: There is a NEWER VERSION of nitdroid-installer here, still not in repositories. But I haven't checked it. Maybe that is easier than this one, I haven't tried. However this one simply works.
It isn't a new version it is a totally new installer.
It installs Nitdroid on a folder on OptFS (eMMC), the original installer used in this thread instead installs Nitdroid on SD without consuming Maemo's disk space.

whenever i am writing apt-get install nitdroid-installer IT SAYS NITDROID-INSTALLER PACKEGES NOT FOUND.. PLZZZZ HELP

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
My nitdroud cannot see mydocs, please help me out here, it just sayd 2gb something, i cant see 25gb anywer,