Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ok, Pierogi 0.6.2 is now working its way into the Extras-Devel repository. This one features:
  • Fix for the LG bug
  • A few new (and possibly somewhat dodgy) Daewoo keysets
  • A first pass at keysets for Sky, Western Digital, and Saba

Once again, as with anything in the extras-devel area, please be ready to deal with potential bugs. Thanks!
Wow,you are fast!
And it works on the Saba
You should accept donations

Thanks for the superfast support

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
The Philips keysets are a mess, no offence.
I used the Philips DVD 3 keyset on my DVDR 7310 H recorder. The power button was mute one time, the other time I only got an pop up with error(just the word error) on my screen, that means it did receive a command but it's not available at that moment. Also I have to admit the IR sensor on this thing sucks. Really requires precise aiming, I think. As I don't understand the "receiving" LED states =/ On my Panasonic TV not really needed to aim that well, atleast I think. However I am not sure as my Philips DVD/HDD recorder might work better with the "right" keyset

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
This LG Keyset Mute toggles on and off rapidly and the volume control is a little twitchy.
Just tested 0.6.2, LG TV 1 is all sorted.
The mute button works as it should also the volume button works exactly like the remote now.
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Also I have to admit the IR sensor on this thing sucks. Really requires precise aiming, I think. As I don't understand the "receiving" LED states =/ On my Panasonic TV not really needed to aim that well, atleast I think.
The "range" is never going to be that great compared to a remote.
The infrared on the N900 is deep inside a plastic case.
Normal remotes use wide LED's that stick out beyond the casing. This means you can get 120 degree spread, you'lll never get that on the N900.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@Copernicus,

First of all. Thanks a lot for this program. I just saw the thread today and quickly installed it

I'll try it with my Sony TV + Sony HDD DVR when I'm at home.
Now, I have a so-called "Media Receiver" (MR300) from the Deutsche Telekom. There are no specs for it as far as I know, but I found that the LIRC database contains an entry for a "T-Online" product (S100).

No idea what S100 is, but maybe you could try adding that and then I can try it if works with the Media Receiver.

Cheers.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Is it possible to add those "Chinese universal remotes"?
I'm talking about these remotes:
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-02-13 at 10:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i really love this app..too bad that for me it only works maybe 1meter form tv set..is it just me?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
it works on the Saba
Good to hear! I wasn't sure I had the protocol quite right.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
The Philips keysets are a mess, no offence.
No offence taken. As I've noted above, the possibility that Philips is completely messed up would not be a surprise.

I used the Philips DVD 3 keyset on my DVDR 7310 H recorder. The power button was mute one time, the other time I only got an pop up with error(just the word error) on my screen, that means it did receive a command but it's not available at that moment.
Hmm. The Philips protocol is really quite well designed, such that even if you had a remote for another device, it shouldn't really mess up your device like that. It does sound like there may be an error in my code, then. I'll take another look at it.

(Also, I haven't been able to find a keyset specifically associated with the 7310, so it may be that I simply don't have the right codes.)

On the aiming -- I could certainly believe that if I've got the protocol timings wrong, the receiver might still be able to recognize signals (or, at least, believe that it recognized signals) if you hold the phone close enough to saturate the sensor. So if I manage to tweak it correctly, it may in fact work at a normal range.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Hi there, requesting LG TV's Service_Menu (resp. IR Hack) if possible.

Thanks,

J4ZZ

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control