The last phone I ran with was an N85. The weight didn't seem that bad on an armband. However, the N900 weighs nearly 2 onces more and I don't think it would be that comfortable.

Any of you run or workout with your N900?

Edit: Being that this is the accessories section, I forgot to ask, if you do run/workout with your N900, how often and what setup do you use? Pouch, armband, case, protector, headphones, apps, etc.

I used my N900 for running for the first time today. About 30 minutes of core and 30 minutes of running.

My simple setup:
Motorola S305 Bluetooth Headphones
Caselogic Pockets Medium Pouch held in hand

Not using any apps at the moment but I did use Nokia Sports Tracker with previous Nokias in the past. Nowadays, I just plot my run on mapmyrun.com and just go.

I'm not really a fan of running while holding in my hand though. I guess I'm a bit obsessive compulsive because I feel like the small weight difference will throw my balance out of whack. Any recommendations for something like a waist pouch (or something that's balanced) that won't flop about or make me look dorky? I think maybe I should also get some pepper spray. I've become more aware of dogs lately. Could be due to hearing a dog chasing me from behind a few weeks ago. It sounded small so I just ignored it but now when I run and I hear the dogs bark, my senses tingle. o_O

Last edited by davetech; 2010-02-17 at 03:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to davetech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
every day...
30 min run and after this other exercises (weigh lifting, pleometrix.....)

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhmv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
yeah i run with mine too. with a little effort even managed to squeeze it into the armstrap ised with my 5800. =) ecoach records all my runs.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamiefuller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, it is so much better jogging with the N900 than the N810 or N800, which were like people would stare and whisper (I imagined) "what is WRONG with that guy's POCKET?" as it swung along.

I use a pretty cheap Nike wired headset for listening after I gave up on bluetooth for the same purpose -- bluetooth worked fine, but the quality just wasn't worth the hassle.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I run once or twice a week, usually 45 mins. I have a pair of running shorts that have a small pocket in the front of them. I just stuff the N900 in there. I usually have it playing music while I run since I have a Garmin watch that I wear for tracking and heart rate.

My biggest problem is finding headphones that don't get pulled out of my ears. I've loved the ear buds for years now, but after about 10 minutes everything gets sweaty and the motion of running (and gravity) starts to pull them out.

The Following User Says Thank You to ElGatoFlojo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ElGatoFlojo View Post

My biggest problem is finding headphones that don't get pulled out of my ears. I've loved the ear buds for years now, but after about 10 minutes everything gets sweaty and the motion of running (and gravity) starts to pull them out.
Consider getting a bluetooth headset? That's what I use.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ The Americas
Yes, I love running with it. I currently use a Belkin armband for iPod touch and it works perfectly.

The Following User Says Thank You to luisadan.am For This Useful Post:
I run a few times a week using:

eCoach is great because it adds your run log to an 'ecoach' calendar in the N900's calendar app. But you have to edit each event after the fact to move it to the main N900 calendar if you want it sync'ed to your desktop...

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

The Following User Says Thank You to digittante For This Useful Post:
What do you do to protect the N900 from sweat while running? I've been putting mine inside a ziplock bag, and then the bagged phone inside a slightly larger ziplock bag.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
What do you do to protect the N900 from sweat while running? I've been putting mine inside a ziplock bag, and then the bagged phone inside a slightly larger ziplock bag.
Where are you putting your N900 that it would get so sweaty???

It is cold as s*** here these days so and outer layer pocket is good for me. I would think for warm weather some type of case/armband would work best for keeping the device sweat free.

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, running