Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Start it from a xterm to see the program output, copy and paste here
You can use the "-v" switch to increase verbosity if needed
Code:
MediaBox

Uploaded the txt, because it was just too much text to put in here, log at link below:

www.mediafire.com/download.php?adhre2qxc7rhg32

Seems that when I install Mediabox, bookmarks page isn't created and it stops the program from opening.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
It is a segfault
Python programs can't segfault, so it must be some native library used by the program.
You may have installed something else which causes the problem.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Hi,

Problem:
I can search YouTube, get the thumbs, but no play

I get "Error"

Xterminal gives "TypeError: 'set' type is unindexable" non stop

(Cutetube plays them OK on my phone)

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

I have exactly the same problem. Is there any cure, thanks.

Excuse me, if this was covered before, but I was not able to find it by searching this thread. Does using Maemo native backend for playing mean, that content played via MediaBox is hardware accelerated? If yes, does it apply for all supported content (for example, if I play .vob files from DVD), or only for file types supported already in default media player?

thanks in advance for answer.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Are there any fixes to this bug (Cannot play/download YouTube videos)? Where is the source code and how to fix it?

Any other media players in N900 that can play/download YouTube videos? None is working now, cuteTube, etc..

Thanks.

N900; Maemo 5 PR 1.2

Tried Mediabox -vvv, Version 08.05.2011 YouTube.py already changed as said in above thread... However, YouTube did not work(play), errors:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2011.05.08/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/video_player/VideoPlayer.py", line 384, in load
> File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2011.05.08/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/media_output/LocalOutput.py", line 84, in load_video
> File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2011.05.08/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/storage/File.py", line 437, in get_resource
> File "/opt/mediabox/mediabox/../components/youtube/YouTube.py", line 615, in get_resource
> url = self.__get_video(f)
> File "/opt/mediabox/mediabox/../components/youtube/YouTube.py", line 595, in __get_video
> flv = fmts[qtype]
> KeyError: 5

Why it complains about quality type (KeyError: 5)? It cannot play HD video from youtube?

Anyone is willing to help?

Thanks.

N900; Maemo 5 PR 1.2

Thanks for the great app. Can you look into the current issue: we cannot play/download Youtube Videos.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
There is now a new version 2010.06.26 of MediaBox Media Center available in extras-testing for N900 and extras for N800 and N810.

It's somewhat a small premiere.
As far as I know, MediaBox is the first 3rd party media player on the N900 to support the Maemo MAFW framework for media playback.
MediaBox is also the first media player written in Python to use MAFW for playback. Of course my code for using MAFW is open for anyone to use in their Python programs.

Using MAFW on the N900 has some benefits. For instance, audio will play in silent mode and doesn't stutter while locking the screen. And you are able to control the volume with the hardware keys while the screen is locked (this requires Maemo5 PR 1.2).

In case you prefer mplayer over MAFW, and have mplayer installed on your device, you can use it as media backend as well. Or just use plain GStreamer as before. The backend to use is configurable per media type.
On the N8x0, the available backends are OSSO Media Server (the predecessor of MAFW), mplayer, and GStreamer.

How do you normally get music onto your device? Now you can browse your UPnP media shares and download whole folders with their media contents onto the device. YouTube videos can be copied to the device, too, and MediaBox manages all this with the new download manager component.

There have also been made some (a lot) performance improvements in the new version, and the handy sleep timer from the 0.96.x series of MediaBox is back.

Enjoy, and please don't forget to vote for the package if you're using it from extras-testing on the N900!

N900; Maemo 5 PR 1.2

Last edited by ljmt01; 2011-09-22 at 23:36.

Is this app still under development? Where can I see the source trunk?

N900; Maemo 5 PR 1.2

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules