Notices

Hello, can someone please write here a step by step instructions how to play custom wads? I tried to type this into term: /opt/prboom/prboom doesnt work, prboom not found, but it is installed there, I can normally play doom 2 without problem. and second command cd /opt/prboom ./prboom too doesnt work: -sh: run: not found

EDIT:
err sorry for spam, I just figured it out. You can open prboom.cfg in /home/user/.prboom, and there write the path of wad into the line called wad1 ... and it works! It just have to be boom compatible.

great, now i dont have to play doom II again and again

Last edited by K1ll3rm4n; 2011-02-17 at 16:26.

Hi everybody...
Why i cant continue the game after the first level is finished ? The results of level 1 are showed but the game dont go ahead... My only option is get off by menu... I tried with shareware version AND with doom2 with the same frustrating result
Thanks !

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Hi everybody...
Why i cant continue the game after the first level is finished ? The results of level 1 are showed but the game dont go ahead... My only option is get off by menu... I tried with shareware version AND with doom2 with the same frustrating result
Thanks !
Sorry about the foolish question. My wad wasnt original. Works fine now. This game is super super amazing specially with bluetooth phone. Im a teenager again

I pushed package freedoom to the extras-devel. It is Doom2-datapack for prboom. [http://www.nongnu.org/freedoom/ version 0.7]

It uses and depends prboom, so if you haven't prboom installed already, it is automatically installed.

prboom and freedoom both have own icons for menu.
Freedoom-entry always starts freedoom, prboom-entry can start another iwad's (e.g. if you have earlier installed prboom, you have doom-wad-shareware and it is started).
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Prboom didn't supported OpenGL enhanced graphics as Doomsday Engine?

It would be nice to have an enhanced OpenGL ES version of Doom.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Help! I am playing Final DOOM Master Levels now. And i am stuck on Level 4 - The Focus. I can not get the yellow key, movement of char is too slow with N900 keyboard. How to enter cheats in prboom?

All questions about doom can be answered here http://doom.wikia.com/, there are tutorials and even cheats.

Also you should set a "run" key in settings.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by K1ll3rm4n View Post
All questions about doom can be answered here http://doom.wikia.com/, there are tutorials and even cheats.

Also you should set a "run" key in settings.
I know about cheats in DOOM. But IDKFA doesn't work in prboom.
I can enter only IDDQD and IDDT, no reaction for other cheats.
I need yellow key)

Strangely enough, I did look at building a hw accelerated version last weekend. Either going to have to look at libretro/retroarch path or patching PrBoom. For now I do have a completely untested PrBoom-Plus snapshot with support from BFG version wads. If there is enough interest I'll upload it for people to play around with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
arcade, doom, fps, fremantle, game, id software, maemo 5, prboom, shooter, wad