Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
People its NOT about your registration! Probably WhatsApp changed their security. I installed NITdroid once again, logged in, returned back to Maemo and Yappari but still no success, we have to wait and see if we gonna have a word from Scorpius, although he isnt active for 2 weeks or more. Just wait!

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Guys,

I noticed the problem and the only thing I can think about is that they somehow detected who registered with third-party applications and flagged them to force them to re-register, because WhatsApp Inc. knows we can't register anymore.

The error you're getting (if you read the logs) is "not authorized" like when you try a wrong password.

I wonder if people that registered using NITDroid also have the problem?

Looks like it is the end of Yappari.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Guys,

I noticed the problem and the only thing I can think about is that they somehow detected who registered with third-party applications and flagged them to force them to re-register, because WhatsApp Inc. knows we can't register anymore.

The error you're getting (if you read the logs) is "not authorized" like when you try a wrong password.

I wonder if people that registered using NITDroid also have the problem?

Looks like it is the end of Yappari.
I registered via NITdroid since yappari didn't work. while WA is working in NitDroid it isn't in yappari. I guess they changed the hashing of IMEI. I read something about from md5 to rc4 don't know if that was the thing, I read some parts of wazzap thread
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Hashing of the IMEI? hmmm.

That's weird. As I explained before the Whatsapp hashing method for Nokia is different than the Whatsapp hashing method for Android. That's why I added an "android=true" to Yappari and let Yappari do both hashing.

Anyway a hashing function is not a bijective function, and as you might remember from high school, a bijective function has an inverse. Hashing functions don't have an inverse.

The point I'm trying to get here is that Whatsapp doesn't know our IMEIs. They were always sent encrypted. The crypt function was based on MD5 but was not exactly it. It was derived from it.

But Yappari and any other client could have send garbage as the encrypted IMEI. There's no way to verify it.

So changing the hashing method will only stop the "android=true" option from working, but there were a lot of people (like me) who weren't using it and we can't still log in.

I actually downloaded the S40 version 2.3.45 and the hashing is exactly the same than before. I haven't checked the Android one (because it's a pain).

So I don't really know what the problem is.

EDIT: Actually I do, they are blocking the "DIGEST-MD5-1" mechanism and have a new one.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-09-10 at 16:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
It was fun while it lasted

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Hi Scorpius,

Since you have detected the problem now, is there any way to sort this out & get Yappari working again?

Hashing of the IMEI? hmmm.

That's weird. As I explained before the Whatsapp hashing method for Nokia is different than the Whatsapp hashing method for Android. That's why I added an "android=true" to Yappari and let Yappari do both hashing.

Anyway a hashing function is not a bijective function, and as you might remember from high school, a bijective function has an inverse. Hashing functions don't have an inverse.

The point I'm trying to get here is that Whatsapp doesn't know our IMEIs. They were always sent encrypted. The crypt function was based on MD5 but was not exactly it. It was derived from it.

But Yappari and any other client could have send garbage as the encrypted IMEI. There's no way to verify it.

So changing the hashing method will only stop the "android=true" option from working, but there were a lot of people (like me) who weren't using it and we can't still log in.

I actually downloaded the S40 version 2.3.45 and the hashing is exactly the same than before. I haven't checked the Android one (because it's a pain).

So I don't really know what the problem is.

EDIT: Actually I do, they are blocking the "DIGEST-MD5-1" mechanism and have a new one.

I don't think so.

The auth mechanism changed to a new one called WAUTH-1 and we'd have to hack that, that's a lot of work (it took us what? like 2 years the first time?).

Also I think there's an encryption method for every PDU after the user is logged in. Whatsapp wasn't encrypted before (even though it look like it, it just used a dictionary but it wasn't encrypted). The write() function to writes the bytes directly to the network has been overridden with a new one that looks like it encrypts just before writing.

By the way this has been going on since ages the thing is that they still allowed the old login method to give people enough time to upgrade their clients. They finally blocked the old method last weekend.

Well here's the workaround that the Wazapp guys did, but I think it will only work for a couple of days. Kudos to them:

http://uppit.com/3fa5hhezr36z/yappari_0.0.19_armel.deb

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Well here's the workaround that the Wazapp guys did, but I think it will only work for a couple of days. Kudos to them:

does it work ??
my yappari is not working and it's showing the protocol error
please help

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Madrid, Spain

It's working for me! Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp