Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Hi Scorpius,

0.26 works fine though haven't tested it fully yet. Thanks a lot for implementing the 'Mute' feature, that too with various duration options. It will help a lot when one is at Office.

One bug, atleast with me, is with selecting a particular contact after u click 'create chat'. One has to scroll down the entire list unlike 0.25 where u can type the alphabate to directly jump to contact starting with that alphabate.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Wowowow! I see a button for mute a group!

Same error here, cannot search in contact list as I can in previous versions.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by em28 View Post
well, Yappari 0.0.26 seem to work fine with Hebrew,
at least the usual send/receive.
Didn't crash on install, nor with few minutes use.

EDIT: RTL implement at the create chat screen is cool,
can u do it the conversation screen too ?
Nice that it works.

What do you exactly mean with RTL at the create chat screen?

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Updated to 0.26, all went fine!
All looks fine at first sight However contact search via keyboard has dissappeared...

What happens when I set A-book sync to disabled and press sync now? Will that mean it only syncs when I explicitly want it to sync?

Will report back when I found issues!
I think I better implement a contact search like the one in the conversations.

If you turn off address book synchronization and press sync now I think all your contacts will disappear except the "unknown contacts". Also if you have open chats with those contacts Yappari might crash (we would have to test that).

Yappari synchronizes when you start it and when you press the Sync Now button. It doesn't have an auto-sync feature.

Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi View Post
Hi Scorpius,

0.26 works fine though haven't tested it fully yet. Thanks a lot for implementing the 'Mute' feature, that too with various duration options. It will help a lot when one is at Office.

One bug, atleast with me, is with selecting a particular contact after u click 'create chat'. One has to scroll down the entire list unlike 0.25 where u can type the alphabate to directly jump to contact starting with that alphabate.
I forgot to tell people about the Muting conversation feature!

Yeah it seems the keyboard search was lost because I had to change the view model of the dialog. Anyway it sucked. I think I'm gonna implement a decent contact search for the next version.

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Wowowow! I see a button for mute a group!

Same error here, cannot search in contact list as I can in previous versions.
You can mute normal people too, not only groups.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Nice that it works.

What do you exactly mean with RTL at the create chat screen?
Hebrew (and Arabic) are writen RTL (Right To Left).
Till v0.0.0.26 create chat screen was LTR although text was RTL.
on 0.0.26 image is at the right place.

I wish u can move the text (both contact name and msg text) to the right at the conversation screen too,
U'll have to move date&time to the left.

from Yappari first days it's look like this:

Last edited by em28; 2012-12-01 at 22:04.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Thanks for this great update.
One small problem on my end: the package hosted on uppit seems to be corrupt. dpkg exits with the following error:
Code:
/MyDocs/.documents $ sudo dpkg -i yappari_0.0.26_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 73136 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace yappari 0.0.25 (using yappari_0.0.26_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement yappari ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing yappari_0.0.26_armel.deb (--install):
short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./usr/share/yappari/icons/48x48/88-44.png')
Processing triggers for applauncherd-launcher ...
Processing triggers for catoriseplus ...
#########################################################################################################################################################
No changes to hildon menu.
Errors were encountered while processing:
yappari_0.0.26_armel.deb
Sendspace's file installs just fine.
Thanks again.

Yappari looks terrible in hebrew...

I will send you another version in PM so you can test it, it will look a "little" better but it would still look bad. Several of the Yappari GUI components need to be rewritten for a proper handling of Right To Left languages (like showing the clock at the left, etc)...

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yappari looks terrible in hebrew...

I will send you another version in PM so you can test it, it will look a "little" better but it would still look bad. Several of the Yappari GUI components need to be rewritten for a proper handling of Right To Left languages (like showing the clock at the left, etc)...
Yappari works in hebrew, and that all that matter.
It seem that there is no change with the RTL version u send me.

Yappari is fine for me, it is just a cosmetic UI, it can wait.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Excellent update. Thanks a lot.

Just one question, the last seen online of any contact doesn't appear unless I talk to that contact, and it's lost when I quit Yappari, is that normal behavior?

Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
Excellent update. Thanks a lot.

Just one question, the last seen online of any contact doesn't appear unless I talk to that contact, and it's lost when I quit Yappari, is that normal behavior?
So far "yes". Yappari is far from finished you know. I haven't implemented the "last seen" retrieval, but eventually it'll work like this: The last seen won't appear unless you open a chat with that contact (that's normal, also it's like that in WhatsApp official clients). But when you open the chat it "should" retrieve from the servers when was the last time the contact was seen (by the server). I haven't implemented that yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
I'm not sure I understood what you're saying. For me it doesn't get the last seen unless I talk to the person, not if I only open the chat window. Is that normal behavior so far?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp