Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Hi Scorpius,

Yappari v0.0.26 working flawlessly so far. Are you likely to implement any of the suggestions given below in 0.0.27?

Also, any chance of copy feature coming in 0.0.27?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=dipen_sanghavi;1292172]Hi Scorpius,

Amazing work! Many thanks to you for keep on upgrading Yappari.

I have few suggestions for 0.0.26 or later versions.

1. Whenever a new msg comes in Yappari (fresh conversation), it supercedes all other running applications & opens in full screen. So if I am watching a video & a new msg comes, it will open itself in full window and push the running media player in back ground. I feel it should work like sms, when we get a new sms..it gives a notification & stays there in the running tasks..giving the user an option when to open it.

2.While you are scrolling the history in an open chat window & a new msg comes, it will forcibly bring you back to the bottom of the chat window (newest msg) and one has to scroll up again. Can anything be done about this?

3. Thirdly, is it possible to give an option to find/search anything with a keyword in any individual conversation? The reason I am asking for this is that it might happen that someone has shared some important data/information with you on Yappari (e.g., mobile number, email id) which you might want to refer at a later date. If a 'search with keyword' option is provided, it will make things lot easier rather than scrolling thru chat history of months & struggling to find something important.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Is it just me or when I press "Create Chat" and the list of contacts appear, I cannot seem to jump to a contact by pressing the first letter. For example, to jump to contacts who start with letter "V", pressing the "V" key doesn't jump to those contacts. I have to scroll through a long list (I have 1200+ contacts) of names.

Not complaining, just a BUG report if anybody else seems to have this problem too. Can anybody confirm?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Beirut - Lebanon
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
It's possible, but I think it's too much work. Yappari relies heavily on being in an N900 and I think it's even easier to write another client from scratch than make Yappari work in something else.

There's something called WhatsAPI (google that) which is a set of libraries to make a WhatsApp client in other platforms. I think they use PHP and/or Python.

If you want WhatsApp in your PC just install BlueStacks (google that) and install the official WhatsApp client and that's it.
I've been using Yappari since the version 0.0.12 and I would like to thank you very much for your time and effort for delivering this piece of art to us for free.

I would like to know if I can register Whatsapp on BlueStacks with my phone number and still use that same phone number on Yappari when I'm not around my PC?

And one more thing, sometimes when I change connections from WiFi to GPRS (using 2.5G) or vice versa, "Disconnect & change connection" keeps popping up on the screen and I can't get rid of it that easy, sometimes I have to restart my phone to do it. Do you have any clue on how to fix it? Couldn't find something related to it on this thread.

Thank you for your time.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Beirut - Lebanon
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
Is it just me or when I press "Create Chat" and the list of contacts appear, I cannot seem to jump to a contact by pressing the first letter. For example, to jump to contacts who start with letter "V", pressing the "V" key doesn't jump to those contacts. I have to scroll through a long list (I have 1200+ contacts) of names.

Not complaining, just a BUG report if anybody else seems to have this problem too. Can anybody confirm?
I was used to that on the version 0.0.25, when I installed 0.0.26 I noticed that, that feature doesn't work anymore.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Search bug already reported and known. Read #2328

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi View Post
Also, any chance of copy feature coming in 0.0.27?
There's a slight chance that it might appear in the next release, but I can't promise.

1. Whenever a new msg comes in Yappari (fresh conversation), it supercedes all other running applications & opens in full screen. So if I am watching a video & a new msg comes, it will open itself in full window and push the running media player in back ground. I feel it should work like sms, when we get a new sms..it gives a notification & stays there in the running tasks..giving the user an option when to open it.
That's a feature, I like it that way. I could add an option but not soon.

2.While you are scrolling the history in an open chat window & a new msg comes, it will forcibly bring you back to the bottom of the chat window (newest msg) and one has to scroll up again. Can anything be done about this?
Also a feature, even Conversations is like this I guess. I also like it that way, since if the chat is in the foreground you won't receive a notification when a new message comes up, and if you are not at the end then you will never know that a new message came.

3. Thirdly, is it possible to give an option to find/search anything with a keyword in any individual conversation? The reason I am asking for this is that it might happen that someone has shared some important data/information with you on Yappari (e.g., mobile number, email id) which you might want to refer at a later date. If a 'search with keyword' option is provided, it will make things lot easier rather than scrolling thru chat history of months & struggling to find something important.
No. I won't do that, that will kill the phone in CPU usage. The phone is not a PC, it's a phone. Two searches and say goodbye to your battery.

But if you know how to use sqlite3 you can search strings in your log files.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
0.0.26 won't install for me, says - installation file corrupted.
downloaded several times.
help!

Originally Posted by osjh View Post
0.0.26 won't install for me, says - installation file corrupted.
downloaded several times.
help!
Use the mirror link.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Use the mirror link.
the same
I have CSSU, mb this causes error?

Last edited by osjh; 2012-12-04 at 19:48.

Originally Posted by osjh View Post
the same
I have CSSU, mb this causes error?
No. Actually Yappari is way better in CSSU since CSSU has a newer version of Qt and the stock Maemo Qt is full of bugs that hit Yappari hard.

I downloaded Yappari from both links and it downloads fine:
Code:
$ md5sum yappari_0.0.26_armel*
b42ed14821ffb5e3ebac6c3a959c66a5  yappari_0.0.26_armel(1).deb
b42ed14821ffb5e3ebac6c3a959c66a5  yappari_0.0.26_armel.deb
So I'm not sure what your problem is.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp