Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Hey Scorpius,
got the yappari 0.030 update but i'd like to suggest a couple of things for the next update meaning 0.031:

-ability to view other whatsapp users profiles
-ability to receive video
-ability to directly open images without the phone having to open browser
-copy and paste of messages
-yappari consumes way more on prepaid than whatsapp does
(please work out reducing the cost)

hope this features will be made available in the next update.
Nice though Scorpius

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by king View Post
-ability to receive video
-ability to directly open images without the phone having to open browser
These two are done in 0.0.30. Images are opened with image viewer, and videos and audios received.

Originally Posted by king View Post
-yappari consumes way more on prepaid than whatsapp does
(please work out reducing the cost)
I don't understand this one. Are you talking about battery consumption? Or maybe 3G bandwidth?

yea even i feel that yappari consumes more data...for me earlier 750MB was more than enough but now even 1GB is not enough !!

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
I would assume that the additional data consumption is due to Yappari now being able to send/receive audio & video. Till 0.0.29, we were not receiving any audio/video files sent to us. Now we do!

Originally Posted by milanhsoni View Post
yea even i feel that yappari consumes more data...for me earlier 750MB was more than enough but now even 1GB is not enough !!

Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi View Post
I would assume that the additional data consumption is due to Yappari now being able to send/receive audio & video. Till 0.0.29, we were not receiving any audio/video files sent to us. Now we do!
even now i just send and receive images which i used to do even on whatsapp but yappari really consumes more data !!

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by deo.kulkarni View Post
I have tried to change internet connections.
1. 3G
2. Wireless
3. Edge

Nothing happened.

Can you please look this issue ?

I have uploaded latest log file in this post.

Thanks in advance.
Delete the file /home/user/.yappari/chats.db

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
About data consumption: The only thing different from 0.0.29 that I might think is the automatic download, and maybe in the previous version you weren't clicking "View" on all images.

So if you don't have unlimited internet access I would suggest to go to Settings and disable automatic download (setting it at 0 bytes) so you have to click "Download" in every media file you get.

Besides that, there hasn't been any change in protocol or something that would create more data consumption.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
tks Scorpius.. yappari feels awesome to use now..

but it lags for about 2-3mins at the start.. is it due to the contact sync??

tks for this awesome work..

Last edited by visN900; 2013-05-01 at 04:35.

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
tks Scorpius.. yappari feels awesome to use now..

but it lags for about 2-3mins at the start.. is it due to the contact sync??

tks for this awesome work..
Yes, it's due to contact sync.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by milanhsoni View Post
even now i just send and receive images which i used to do even on whatsapp but yappari really consumes more data !!
That might be related to the fact that the original whatsapp software compresses/scales down images, while yappari just sends the original file. If you put your phones camera to full resolution, the resulting file might be a few MB big. I got my camera set to 1.3 MP and thats more then enough for snapshots actually and the data usage is hence lower, as the image is only a few hundred KB big.

So if you are sending photos like a champ with Yappari I get the idea that you are needing a more then 1 GB internet package. But on the other hand: I am even using Yappari in roaming networks in the EU on an EU sim card, where a MB is 0,49 € (while roaming) and even for a few days connection without a lot of multimedia transfers, I am paying a maximum of less then 5 € for the whole thin, probably even a lot less, so if you really need more then 1 GB in a month, you should rather check other applications using bandwidth, too...

Cheers

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp