Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I always forget to implement that, to autodetect SIM changes and then ask your for a new registration.
Its really good to have this feature. But it should ask me to continue with old registration number rather than forcing me to register with new number.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Great job Scorpius !

The utility of Yappari has just shot up with this upgrade. Most of the new features are working fine. However, typing more lines still results in losing the cursor & one has to scroll left/right to read the full message.

One good feature is the direct "call" link in the contact info. It helps if you wanna call up someone who isn`t there in your phone contacts !

Yappari 0.0.33 (it just fixes the crashes):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1wwi52
http://uppit.com/k0kaf4ugajh3/yappari_0.0.33_armel.deb

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Originally Posted by pradip300 View Post
Its really good to have this feature. But it should ask me to continue with old registration number rather than forcing me to register with new number.
Yup, for example if you're travelling to other country and your old number was included in a group chat. You want to communicate with your friends in the group without having to ask group admin to add your new number.
I think it's better to have it as an option to re-register when you use new sim card than automatically force Yappari to re-register.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
Yappari 0.0.33 (it just fixes the crashes):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1wwi52
http://uppit.com/k0kaf4ugajh3/yappari_0.0.33_armel.deb
Hi scorpius, i still have prob wiht updating yappari. it gives me error message that 'unable to updat yappari' thought i am trying to unistall it probablt it wud wrk. thanks

Hey Scorpius ..Wanted to know if I upgrade to 0.33, will my Expiration date get automatically renewed like .30, Since mine is getting over on May 26, should I wait until then to upgrade to 0.33?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Pune,India
I have updated version 0.33 and it's working fine. Thank you so very much. No problem found during Sync.

All new functionality working correctly.

Group profile pic is missing. Can you please add that in next version?

Also, notification messages are missing if any member is added / removed. If profile pic is changed for that group also.

Originally Posted by deo.kulkarni View Post
About the group profile pic is wierd i must say, first doesn't show up, but after some time (or maybe someone change it, can't tell for sure) appears, at least for me.

But with all the stuff with v0.0.32 yesterday, i delete the roster.db a few times to test the crash thing and the picture doesn't show up anymore, i have to wait to see if my theory is correct (someone change it and appears).

But i can say that the i saw the group profile picture at some point yesterday.

Greetings.

I think this program is one of the most successful programs for Maemo
and I also hope to continue development of this program

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by belkins View Post
Hey Scorpius ..Wanted to know if I upgrade to 0.33, will my Expiration date get automatically renewed like .30, Since mine is getting over on May 26, should I wait until then to upgrade to 0.33?
Good question. Yappari 0.0.33 spoofs as a Nokia so if WhatsApp is still renewing Nokias for free you'll get another year.

But that won't be for long, WhatsApp will charge EVERYBODY eventually.

Originally Posted by deo.kulkarni View Post

Also, notification messages are missing if any member is added / removed. If profile pic is changed for that group also.
Next version will implement everything that's missing from groups. 0.0.33 have "some" things implemented. If somebody changes the group icon, you'll see the change. But if nobody does, Yappari won't download the current icon. 0.0.34 will do that.

There will be NO notifications for pictures change because we would receive a notification every 2 minutes. People is changing their profile pictures ALL THE TIME, specially kids.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-05-17 at 15:59.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
I always forget to implement that, to autodetect SIM changes and then ask your for a new registration.
Thanks for Yappari
I'd just like to say i'm one of those who won't really like to have SIM autodetection. When you get around to implementing it, please make it optional

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp