Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yeah, looks like WhatsApp changed the method of user status retrieval.

I'm not working on Yappari at the moment so I don't really know when I can fix that.

I don't think so WhatsApp did the changes in method of status retrieval. When I tested it update the status on Create Chat list page on Contact sync, but once the profile of contact has been opened/viewed it set the status "Hey, there I am using whatsapp".
Once this status has been changed even on contact list its not updating On contact Sync.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by pradip300 View Post
I don't think so WhatsApp did the changes in method of status retrieval. When I tested it update the status on Create Chat list page on Contact sync, but once the profile of contact has been opened/viewed it set the status "Hey, there I am using whatsapp".
Once this status has been changed even on contact list its not updating On contact Sync.
WhatsApp has two methods to retrieve the status: One is the "external approach": A different connection via https to a different server with a custom authentication and you can retrieve all your address book status.

That one stays the same.

Then it has the "internal approach" called "SendGetUserStatus" which is a tiny query to retrieve a single person status. This one doesn't work anymore.

When you synchronize, the external is used and then you can see the correct status in Create Chat.

When you open the Contact Info, the status is retrieved again (in case the user changed it). This one doesn't work anymore. WhatsApp just killed it.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
My chat history is gone each time I change Sim, where can i get it back please, no backup?
I should like to suggest next release should have word wrap and also to use ENTER key to go to the next line when typing. Mere suggestion anyway. Thanks Scorpious. Grt Job

Last edited by mrbee; 2013-06-26 at 07:48.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Yappari still doesn`t support sending/receiving vcard. Is it possible to implement it in next update?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
I just installed .35 and can't get it to register.

It tries, then says "SMS Registration Failed", along with "Registration couldn't be completed. Reason unknown". If I click the "Call Me" buton, the "Registration couldn't be completed. Reason unknown" dialog reappears.

Sending you the log.

Last edited by Fallingwater; 2013-06-27 at 11:58.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
I just installed .35 and can't get it to register.

It tries, then says "SMS Registration Failed", along with "Registration couldn't be completed. Reason unknown". If I click the "Call Me" buton, the "Registration couldn't be completed. Reason unknown" dialog reappears.

Sending you the log.
Weird. You should get an error like "Your date & time settings of your phone are not correct".

Check your date & time settings of your phone they have to be accurate for SSL to work.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
Time and date were in fact incorrect (I messed with the battery and they got reset), but I've now corrected them and the problem persists exactly the same as before. A detail I forgot before: the first "Registration couldn't be completed" message appears twice. As in, when I tap "Done" it reappears again. Another tap clears it.

I deleted the content of .config/scorpius to no avail.

Edit: weird, despite me having set the date it seems it didn't stick. I noticed when I went on Facebook on the browser and it complained about certificates with bad dates. I set it again, and now the date is saved properly and Yappari registers again.

Sorry for the false alarm, I've no idea how this happened.

Last edited by Fallingwater; 2013-06-27 at 21:20.

I tried sending a 10MB video file to my friend. It got uploaded completely but stuck forever on "Please wait, Might take several minutes". I faced problem for the first time.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
My Yappari crashes each time I click on CREATE CHAT. What could be the possible cause please?

Originally Posted by mrbee View Post
My Yappari crashes each time I click on CREATE CHAT. What could be the possible cause please?
Post a log please and you are a lot more likely to receive help. Instructions in the first post of this thread. Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp