Active Topics

Ahhhh.....,

I'm just back from holidays, I ready could of done with this loaded before I left but I flyout a few hours before this was release :/

===>

All the Dev's: Thanks a lot for this release hopefully I can get Diablo and B|T 3 Final playing nice together...

Arrr: Looks like Cisco LEAP is still not supported, I can connect using my bloody bog-standard E51 but not my shiny N800 :/

Last edited by BOFH; 2008-07-01 at 15:28.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Enjoy your Diablo

I'm not enjoying Diablo. Before Diablo, with OS2008, I never had problems with basic email and web. Now the email crashes twice a day, some emails are blank or automatically deleted, and the web browser has crashed twice.

The only thing I can reproduce is the blank email. Maybe I should look up the Modest bug reporting system. Luckily I setup my tablet as a redundant email client. I'd be really sad if the N800 was my only email recipient.

I'm almost ready to replace Modest with another email client. Hopefully, the replacement will work with the flashing LED.

If Firmware Flashing is no longer required, does that mean the updates will be through the application manager? I keep checking daily hoping for a fix or two.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
It should be noted that the repository at http://modest.garage.maemo.org/ is still up, the devs are, apparently, planning on putting together development packages for Diablo (outside of SSU updates). Not sure of any timeframe, but keep your eyes open.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Oculog View Post
I'm not enjoying Diablo. Before Diablo, with OS2008, I never had problems with basic email and web. Now the email crashes twice a day, some emails are blank or automatically deleted, and the web browser has crashed twice.

The only thing I can reproduce is the blank email. Maybe I should look up the Modest bug reporting system. Luckily I setup my tablet as a redundant email client. I'd be really sad if the N800 was my only email recipient.

I'm almost ready to replace Modest with another email client. Hopefully, the replacement will work with the flashing LED.

If Firmware Flashing is no longer required, does that mean the updates will be through the application manager? I keep checking daily hoping for a fix or two.
Now since Diablo is public there is no "weekly updates" as it was the case when the "beta versions" were out. What I can see that at least some of your email issues have been acknowledged and fixes are in the works. Updates will be pushed through SSU once they are ready and tested. If history is any indication almost always after major new release a "service pack release" has been released quite fast... maybe a month?

Last edited by Mara; 2008-07-01 at 14:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Is the new update available for the n800?The reason i`m asking is i`ve updated ok to the other os and when i go to update to this one,the updater says searching,then says can`t find the device.Even though the usb logo is in the right had corner of the screen.My n800 has never been dropped and i mainly use it for the internet.This is the first mayor problem i`ve had with it since i bought it.Any advice please?

Originally Posted by amanno1 View Post
Is the new update available for the n800?The reason i`m asking is i`ve updated ok to the other os and when i go to update to this one,the updater says searching,then says can`t find the device.Even though the usb logo is in the right had corner of the screen.My n800 has never been dropped and i mainly use it for the internet.This is the first mayor problem i`ve had with it since i bought it.Any advice please?
It's easier to try troubleshooting this sort of thing if you're a lot more specific; this is what I think you're trying to say:
Is Diablo available for the N800? The reason I'm asking is I'd previously updated successfully to OS2008 (Chinook) but when I go to update to Diablo, the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard says "Status: Device not found. Searching...", then says "Status: Device not found. If USB logo is not displayed within 5 seconds of switching on the device: Release the swap key. Switch off the device. Try again."
Even though the USB logo is in the right hand corner of the screen. My N800 has never been dropped and I mainly use it for the internet. This is the first major problem I've had with it since I bought it. Any advice please?
Now I've highlighted all the guesswork here; I could be wrong in any of those, but if those are correct, then it's acting exactly the same as mine with no device connected.

I'd check that you can access the SD cards in Windows Explorer (with the N800 booted normally, but without disturbing the USB connections), and if that fails too, check all the USB cables, any hubs, try a different port on the root hub, etc.

If those guesses don't correspond to what you're seeing, then I guess you'll have to be more specific.

I tried the above with no luck except that i can access the memory cards.I checked in device manager and it had a yellow dot with a black question mark inside.I tried to update the driver(nokia bb5 adl loader usb phone parent) and it said the name is already in use as either a service name or service display name.Any ideas what that means?

Well, mine displays (when started in flash mode with the "swap" key) as a "Nokia BB5 ADL Loader USB Phone Parent", with one child, which was at first as you describe, but in a few seconds changed to "Nokia BB5 ADL Loader USB Generic" with the same logo as the parent; afterwards, I started the Update Wizard, which sees it immediately.

So it looks like your driver issue is the problem, but I don't know anything of how to resolve it. My recommendation would be to use a Linux liveCD (if necessary) and use flasher-3.0, if you can't readily resolve the driver issue.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by timepilot84 View Post
Can anyone tell me if they fixed the issue with the intermittent double characters when using the stylus on-screen keyboard? That was driving me nuts and pretty much was the reason that I relegated my N800 to bathroom duty in favor of my iPhone. That and the annoying scrolling/panning behavior in the browser, but it sounds like they've worked on the scrolling/panning issues in MicroB.
Yes, it seems to be fixed now, at least on my n800. Strange that it wasn't in the changelog, because that was the main reason I went back to bora from chinook. But now I can finally go back to porting debs now (the bora repos were too lacking to make porting worth the time for me).

EDIT:
Batterylife is still worse than under os2007.
Allthough the stylus input is fine now, this time it's the n800 buttons that 'hang' (you press it only once, but the os acts as if you keep the button pressed).
I am not sure if I am going back to os2007, because I would miss gpxview.

Last edited by rittf800; 2008-08-07 at 12:29. Reason: update