Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
Originally Posted by mase View Post
Sometimes the tags, especially the genre is not shown correctly. The original mediaplayer
shows correctly, but mediabox shows "(" or "unspecified".
Hi There,

I just downloaded MediaBox and I think it is great, but I am experiencing the above quoted issue. Has anyone solved this? Is it due to tag version? File type? I cleared the index, but that didn't help. I'll try a few things, but I figured I'd ask first.

Anyway, this issue affects quite a few of my music files, which are stored on the media card. The built-in media player categorizes everything correctly. Otherwise, this app is worlds better than the built-in.

(Using an n900)

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by DrKlaw View Post
Has anyone solved this? Is it due to tag version? File type? I cleared the index, but that didn't help.
It's related to the way that MediaBox version get tags. I've made a custom tags getter from tracker for MediaBox can patched files, if needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
pycage,

I just noticed that from the content list, the context-sensitive menu no longer offers the option to delete files. Only "add to playlist" and "put on shelf". Was this an intentional decision? Or did I miss some setting?

--vr

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
It's related to the way that MediaBox version get tags. I've made a custom tags getter from tracker for MediaBox can patched files, if needed.
So, there is nothing that I can do, apart from developing my own solution as you have done? Any way you could share your solution?

Its behavior is very odd. I have about 42 albums that come up as "unspecified" but there are times when one album from one artist is like this, while another album from the same artist is tagged correctly. I've tried to see what the difference in between these files and can't find anything.

Thanks,
Keith

Last edited by DrKlaw; 2011-08-07 at 04:31. Reason: Clarity and typos

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Rename attached files to .py and place in idtags folder (/opt/mediabox/idtags), then clear index and make full rescan. Solution is only for Maemo 5.
Attached Files
File Type: txt __init__.txt (2.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: txt trackerdbustags.txt (851 Bytes, 110 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
I'm experiencing a strange issue here, since I found that the only player capable of playing youtube videos on n8x0 was mediabox i've been trying it, but for some reason after I changed the view mode (don't remember if portrait or landscape) the program closes itself right after I open it up, anyone know a way to fix this?

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by ZellFk View Post
I'm experiencing a strange issue here, since I found that the only player capable of playing youtube videos on n8x0 was mediabox i've been trying it, but for some reason after I changed the view mode (don't remember if portrait or landscape) the program closes itself right after I open it up, anyone know a way to fix this?
Delete the configuration directory (~/.mediabox)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Delete the configuration directory (~/.mediabox)
Well I assume that to delete this folder I need to use xterminal right? (didn't find anything on file manager)
Could you give a bit more instructions? (barely managed to root my n810 with rootsh, unfortunate noob linux user here XD)

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by ZellFk View Post
Well I assume that to delete this folder I need to use xterminal right? (didn't find anything on file manager)
Could you give a bit more instructions? (barely managed to root my n810 with rootsh, unfortunate noob linux user here XD)
Open xterm
Type
Code:
rm -r .mediabox
Done

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Was being too positive, too soon, tried it now and yet mediabox is closing after startup (tried reinstalling already but it didn't work...)

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules